Another huge tournament series in the regulated US market. Phil Galfond plays a mini challenge on Tuesday. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
WSOP.com OCSS runs from April 5th to May 3rd
Regulated online poker rooms are stepping up to the plate to offer some huge tournament series over the next month. WSOP.com is joining the fun as they are set to host the largest online poker tournament series ever in the US regulated market next month. Starting April 5th and running until May 3rd, the WSOP.com Online Championship Spring Series will award $5 million in guaranteed prizes plus a “Champions’ Belt.”
Players in New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware can take part in the series, which will hold over 100 events during the month. The tournament will culminate with a $525 buy-in $300,000 guaranteed Main Event. The winner of that event will also take home the Champions Belt.
– Galfond Challenge Update: There was no Galfond Challenge with Venividi on Tuesday. Instead, Galfond played a Mini Challenge of €200/€400 Pot Limit Omaha with AMSoGood on PokerStars. The session was broadcast on the Andreas Froehli Twitch channel:
I won a couple pots at the end to finish +$15k and +all the glory 🙂
Hope people had fun sweating! https://t.co/Y5XulUPH99
— Phil Galfond (@PhilGalfond) March 31, 2020
– partypoker’s Daily Cash BOOM returns for a second month during April, which is set to again pay out more than $1 million prizes over the month — that’s $12,000 a day. To participate, players will need to opt-in daily and then earn the necessary points to receive a Daily Cash Boom 2 ticket.
– ICYMI: David Huber writes on the status of PokerStars founder Isai Scheinberg as he awaits sentencing after pleading guilty to charges related to his 2011 indictment.
– In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, poker players are getting creative for they navigate the new normal. A natural progression are online home games, which has even spread to the Hank Azaria home game. Barry Carter from PokerStategy even writes that the future of online poker might be in private home games
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we shift the focus to multi-table tournaments. This video is the first episode of the “€5 MTT HH Review” series, where Gazellig goes through the early stages of a €5 6-max MTT. He focuses on opening ranges, continuation betting and whether to make a call versus a shove, among other topics.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Jaime Staples presents Twitch highlights from a February 16th session at partypoker where he focuseso n Knockout Bounty tournaments:
– Barstool Nate is the latest guest on the Poker Central Podcast, who sits down for a 80-minute chat to discuss a variety of topics:
– JohnnieVibes showcases a virtual meet-up game which he broaedcasted live on YouTube: