Two WSOP bracelets are awarded on WSOP.com and GG Poker. Mike Sexton earns what he calls “the highest peak of his career.” Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Cheung and Chacher win latest WSOP bracelets
Allan “TreeofLife” Cheung was the winner of the $500 No-Limit Hold’em Turbo Deepstack late on Wednesday night, outlasting 1,579 entries over just seven hours of play. The victory yielded his first piece of WSOP hardware and a $120,083 first-place prize. Cheung defeated Myles “Shipthemoney” Kotler heads-up. Some big names went deep in the tournament including Mike Matusow (10th – $7,247.61), Daniel Negreanu (32nd – $2,913.25) and Robert Kuhn (40th – $2,415.87).
Meanwhile on GG Poker, Michael “YesPlease” Clacher was victorious in Event #36, the $1,500 Fifty Stack NLHE to win $297,496.30 and his first WSOP bracelet and the third from a South African player. Clacher outlasted 1,341 entries to take home the bracelet. Clacher defeated Rodrigo Caprioli ($215,892) heads-up, as well as Martin Zamani (4th $113,698) and Joao Vierira (5th – $82,510) at the final table.
Upcoming events at the 2020 WSOP Online
– The World Poker Tour has announced that the WPT Champions Cup will be renamed to the Mike Sexton WPT Champions Cup after former commentator who retired from the tour in 2017. Sexton reacted to the news by saying the following: “To have the WPT Champions Cup named in my honor and be part of the experience for all WPT champions moving forward is truly the highest peak in my 40 years in poker.”
– US Poker takes a look at the next states that could legalize online poker with a breakdown of such states as California, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Kentucky.
– One thing lost from this year’s World Series of Poker so far is the after-tournament bracelet ceremony. In its place, bracelet unboxings have been posted on social media platforms. Here is the unboxing from Matt Bode, who won the $500 Super Turbo:
— WSOP (@WSOP) July 22, 2020
– The MLB back is back and to celebrate, the DraftKings online sportsbook is offering a special DraftKings Sportsbook Opening Day Odds Boosts and bonuses. Collin Hulbert also has his NL Central Divisional value pick.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Poker vlogger and recent WSOP Online bracelet winner Ryan DePaulo joins Jamie Kerstetter and Marle Cordeiro on The Rake to talk about his bracelet win from a Whole Foods parking lot. The interview proceeded a second appearance on the Poker Life Podcast on Wednesday, where Joey Ingram and Depaulo were able to sit down for a two and a half-hour chat.
– Ryan Riess is set to join Poker Central’s Run it Back to watch his championship appearance in the 2013 WSOP Main Event: