WSOP.com to go live with 3-state online poker on May 1st. Jaime and Matt Staples strike up another weight loss bet with Bill Perkins. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
WSOP Launches Unified Poker Room on May 1st
May 1st could go down as one of the biggest days in online poker history. On this day, WSOP.com will merge player pools on New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware, opening up the largest regulated player pool in the United States. The agreement to share online liquidity was first announced last October.
The merging of player pools will mean that the combined population of regulated states — New Jersey, Delaware, and Nevada — will be 13 million. While players in the three states should notice an increase in the number of cash games and tournaments, players located in the lower population states of Nevada and Delaware will notice the biggest difference.
WSOP aims to benefit from the move the most as they are on the only major online poker operator in all three states. To play the new games, players from all three states will need to download new software dedicated to the merged player pool.
NV/NJ: The big news is here! @WSOPcom is planning to launch interstate play for online poker beginning May 1. A lot of exciting things are coming. Click the link to go to our FAQs page for more information on what you can expect in the next coming weeks. https://t.co/PTBFXlGL51 pic.twitter.com/TGOVPm3fdG
— WSOP.com (@WSOPcom) April 16, 2018
– After winning $150,000 from Bill Perkins last month, Jaime and Matt Staples have booked yet another weight loss prop bet with Perkins. This time it’s a $50,000 bet at 3:1 that the pair cant get to 9.9% bodyfat before March 25th, 2019. Should Matt and Jaime achieve the feat, Bill Perkins would owe Jaime and Matt another $150k.
– One Dexa scan on the day of March 25th, 2019
– 50K to 150K
– 9.9% or less body fat for both @MattStaplesPKR and I
– No steroids or HGH
– I am allowed surgery to remove excess skin
— Jaime Staples (@jaimestaples) April 13, 2018
– ICYMI: Pascal Lefrancois is victorious in the partypoker LIVE Millions Grand Final Barcelona Main Event and takes home a first place prize of over $2 million after outlasting a field of 1,175. Adam Owen finished in second while Stephen Chidwick finished in third, where the pair won $1.6 million and $1.2 million, respectively.
– Chris Moorman was among the big winners on Sunday when he came in first in the PokerStars Sunday Warm Up for just over $39k.
WE HAVE A WINNER!
— partypokerLIVE (@partypokerlive) April 15, 2018
– Phil Galfond’s Run It Once Poker is scheduled for a Phase 1 launch this summer. Galfond says that the poker room will offer “a unique cash game experience focused on fun and on pure, authentic poker.”
– Black Friday was one of the darkest days in online poker history. Natalie Faulk from Upswing Poker takes a look back at the event that changed online poker forever on the 7 year anniversary.
– Today’s featured Grinderschool.com poker training video continues to look at CodeRed’s “Poker201” series. In this episode, CodeRed instructs viewers on continuation betting.