A former champion holds the lead at the WSOP Europe Main Event as action heads to Day 4. Super High Roller Bowl moved to December. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
WSOP Europe Main Event chip leader is Ryan Riess
Day 3 of the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event continued on Tuesday with 164 players starting the day.
At the end of the day just 25 players remained with 2013 WSOP Main Event champion Ryan Riess holding the chip lead with Ivan Gabrieli in second place. Other WSOP bracelet winners still alive include Niall Farrell, Igor Kurganov and Norbert Szecsi.
Poker fans can continue to watch the action from the King’s Resort Twitch Channel below when when play picks up on Wednesday.
– The Super High Roller Bowl has traditionally been played in May, but tournament organizer Poker Central is mixing things up with the next SHRB by moving it to December. The $300,000 buy-in tournament will now be held from December 17th to December 19th at the Aria.
Twenty-five of the spots for the tournament will be awarded by lottery on November 27th, with an additional eighteen spots awarded to VIP guests. The remaining five spots will be allocated to the five players on the High Roller of the Year leaderboard. Cary Katz, Sam Soverel, Jake Schindler, David Peters and Isaac Haxton currently hold the top five spots of the leaderboard.
Those wishing to play the rake-free tournament play must place a $30,000 deposit down by November 26th.
– Michael Mizrachi has won a convincing 2-0 victory at the Ladbrokes Heads-up Challenge against Joe Hachem over the weekend. The high profile event was held to promote the game of poker in Austalia.
– California regulators look to crackdown on California card rooms after complaints from tribes, which have the exclusive right to offer the games in the state.
– Red Dead Redemption is one of the most highly anticipated video games of the year. Set in an old-west setting, the game features a fair share of good old-fashioned poker.
– Watch some of poker’s biggest vloggers play some Short Deck Hold’emat Run it Up Reno . Chris Moneymaker, Jaime Staples, Andrew Neeme, Jason Sommerville and Jeff Gross were among those participating in the cash game, with highlights below:
– Activity is heating up in Pennsylvania as online gambling nears a launch in the state. Penn National’s Hollywood Casino has inked a deal with software providers IGT and NetEnt. In other PA online gambling news, looks to enter the Pennsylvania online gambling market as a “qualified gaming entity.”