Pavel Plesuv leads the final table of the WPT Seminole Rock N Roll Poker Open. Plus plenty of reasons to get excited about the game of poker heading into 2019.Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
WPT Seminole Rock ‘N’ Roll Poker Open final table set
The WPT Seminole Rock ‘N’ Roll Poker Open is down to a final table on Tuesday as the six remaining players have their sights set on the $504,820 first place prize.
Pavel Plesuv has the lead when the final table picks up on Wednesday with nearly 11 million in chips, who is followed by Jim Gilbert with 8.7 million chips. The action will pick up at 12 PM local time on Wednesday. Poker fans can watch the action live on PokerGo with a subscription.
|WPT Seminole Rock 'N' Roll Poker Open Chip Stacks|
Pavel Plesuv leads the #WPTRockNRoll final table with Jim Gilbert (@thefakeJGilbert) and Ravi Raghavan (@ravirags1234) among the final tablists. Tomorrow's @PokerGO stream starts at 12:30 pm ET. #TheCupAwaits https://t.co/lXR47xr0qs pic.twitter.com/zQCLh22BWn
— World Poker Tour (@WPT) November 27, 2018
– Many poker players have been around awhile have noticed a gradual decrease in the quality of games over the last few years, but there are many reasons to be optimistic about the future of poker, says CardPlayer LifeStyle. Merged player pools, additional state regulation, and legalized sports betting are just a few of the catalysts looking to leave a mark on the game in 2019 and beyond.
– If you are from the United States and haven’t thought about your 2018 taxes now is probably when you want to look at your tax situation. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2018 overhauled an already complicated system and if you’re a poker player, you always have that sometimes difficult decision of whether you need to file as a professional or as a recreation player.
– Caesars and MGM? executives have united to create the Sports Wagering Integrity Monitoring Association, a partnership to detect and discourage fraud and other illegal activity related to sports betting in the United States. The new organization has modeled itself after Europe’s ESSA.
– We’re back on partypoker MILLIONS Online watch. The Day 1b flight on Thursday currently has 23 registered with another 21 on Sunday, with those numbers sure to drastically increase by the time the flights begin at 2 PM ET. So far, 1574 players entered the event on Day 1a on Sunday, putting the event around 2400 players away from meeting the $20 million record-breaking overlay.
– Recent poker results across the globe: Alex Greenblatt takes down the WPTDeepStacks Thunder Valley for $122,500; Jerome L’Hostis wins the 2018 GUKPT Grand Final Championship for $180,530; Eliton Gouveia defeats a field of 2,273 entries to win $104,807 at the WCOPC Harrah’s Cherokee Kick-Off event to win his first gold ring; Steve O’Dwyer wins the €25,000 High Roller Championship for €84,193 in a field of three.
Best poker videos on YouTube
– Jaime Staples explains his latest weight loss strategy as he works towards his goal of the Ultimate Sweat 2.0. If you’re looking for some actual poker from Mr. Staples watch him preview the new PokerStars VR, which was posted on the PokerStaples YouTube channel.
– Brad Owen dropped his most recent blog on Tuesday in which he reports from Texas, where apparently nobody folds.