World Poker Tour releases schedule for the second half of Season XVII. partypoker releases new software ahead of MILLIONS Online. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Schedule released for WPT Season XVII second half
The World Tour Poker has announced the full schedule of the second half of Season XVII with ten stops scheduled from January through June.
The 2019 schedule will begin with the WPT Gardens Championship at the Gardens Casino in California and will end to coincide to start with the beginning of the World Series of Poker in June. The ARIA will play host to both the WPT ARIA Summer Championship on May 27th-31st and the Baccarat Crystal WPT Tournament of Champions on June 1st to June 3rd. The tour will also be highlighted by stops in Russia, Canada, Spain and the United Kingdom. In the states, the WPT Season XVII will include the WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open, WPT Fallsview Poker Classic, WPT Rolling Thunder and WPT Choctaw.
Our stop along with other WPT Main Tour event announcements are scheduled to be released pending gaming approvals. We look to finalize the details and April dates soon!
— Tony Burns (@TDTonyB) November 19, 2018
Next year’s schedule will mark the debut of final tables played at the HyperX ESports Arena, located at the Luxor in Las Vegas.
– Ahead of partypoker’s highly anticipated $20 million guaranteed MILLIONS Online tournament on November 25th, partypoker has unveiled new software. The update includes a revamped tournament lobby, an easier-to-view dashboard and improvements to Big Blind view.
– Phil Galfond’s soon-to-launch Run It Once Poker has been getting a lot of buzz over the last year for its focus on innovation and player input. In his latest blog post, Galfond revealed that the site will be awarding streamR, a program that will award up to 110% rakeback for players that play Run It Once Poker while streaming. With the launch of the rakeback program, the poker site is looking to capitalize on the increasing popularity of poker streamers, some of which have attracted hundreds or thousands of followers.
– Nikunj Jhunjhunwala defeated 697 entries to win the equivalent of $92,176 at WPT DeepStacks India Main Event.
– PokerNews.com, the news subsidiary of PokerStars is being sued by large record companies for $6 million due to copyright infringement. The lawsuit alleges that the company has been using unlicensed music during its podcasts over the last few years.
– Bet365 Spain is set to join the iPoker European player pool on November 26th. As part of the launch, Bet365 is introducing a new loyalty program called Weekly Rewards, which pays cashback to players for reaching milestones that are earned by generating rake and tournament buy-in fees.
The best new poker videos on YouTube
– Doug Polk’s latest vlog takes a look at a recent hand from a $50/$100 No Limit Hold’em game at Live at the Bike involving frequent guest Garrett Adelstein. The video focuses on the dangers of talking while in a hand.
– Former Upswing coach and Omaha specialist JNandezPoker releases the first episode of his new blog series. This episode focuses on why Sundays can be so important for poker players.