Two more World Poker Tour champions crowned with a third WPT event on Wednesday. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
WPT champions crowned for WPT Gardens Poker Championship, Rolling Thunder
The WPT Gardens Poker Championship was the second World Poker Tour final table to be held this week at the HyperX Esports Arena at the Luxor in Las Vegas. 59-year old Frank Stepuchin was the victor, winning $548,825 first place prize and a $15,000 Tournament of Champions seat. The victory was not only the largest of Stepuchin’s poker career but it also was larger than all of his other live tournament winnings combined.
|WPT Gardens Poker Championship Prizes|
Meanwhile, at the WPT Rolling Thunder at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort, Erkut Yilmaz won his second World Poker Tour title after outlasting a field of 280 entries to win $303,920 in first place prize money and a $15,000 Tournament of Champions seat. The victory came a short six months after his first WPT Title, which was for a $575,112 score at the WPT Open Championship at the Borgata Poker Open in September.
Watch the action unfold via a replay of the final table:
But that’s not all. Wednesday welcomes the final table of the WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open with Dave Farah holding a chip lead over Brandon Hall, Daniel Buzgon, Joseph Di Rosa Rojas, Ian O’Hara and Vinicius Lima. The cards will be dealt starting at 4 PM PT, with live updates available at the World Poker website. You can also watch the final table action live with a subscription on PokerGo.
– The subject of geolocation technology and unauthorized use of virtual private networks were discussed during a Michigan iGaming regulatory hearing during March. PartTimePoker’s David Huber breaks it down with timestamps.
– HighStakesPoker DB has an update on the partypoker race to $200,000 in rake, which will pay out 100% rakeback to the first two players that reach the milestone. The promotion is celebrating the Diamond Club VIP program, which pays 60% in rakeback.
– New Jersey online gambling revenue during February nearly set another record during the 28-day month. The $31.75 million in online gambling revenue during the month was the second largest, behind only January.
– California resident Vinh Dao will be required to forfeit $90,000 that he won while playing on two New Jersey online poker rooms while in the state of California. The incident occurred in 2014 and is the first known instance of a poker player playing outside of a regulated state.
– From the Fake News Bin: Huck Seed is looking to book prop bet action on a free climb of El Capitan after being inspired by Academy Awarding winning documentary “Free Solo.”
– Wednesday’s featured Grinderschool is Part 3 of 9 of CFTheNatural’s “What are the Odds” series, which he tackles various Pot Limit Omaha scenarios. In this episode, CFTheNatural examines several hands where he has a big hand but can be outdrawn.
Best poker videos on the Web
– The latest episode from the 2019 PokerStars Carribean Adventure was posted by PokerStars, which documents the final day of the January tournament:
– Andrew Neeme reports in from a Meet Up Game at the Maryland Live! Casino, which attracted 22 tables of $3/$5 NL:
– Brad Owen celebrates his 31st birthday in his latest vlog post from the Graton Resort and Casino: