A big winner at the WPT Fallsville Poker Classic. The DraftKings online sportsbook adds another state to its growing reach. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Eric Afriat wins $379k in WPT Fallsville Poker Classic
While a champion was crowned this weekend at WPT Germany, another WPT event was being held in North America. The WPT Fallsville Poker Classic from the Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagara Falls Canada finished over the weekend with Eric Afriat taking down the title and winning $379,120 plus the $15,000 Tournament of Champions seat.
Afrait’s victory marked the third WPT major win of his poker career, having previously won the WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open Championship in 2018 and the WPT Seminole Hard Rock Showdown in 2015.
Last years’s champion of the same event, Demo Kiriopolous, was among those making the final table, finishing in fifth place to win $93,917. Other players making the final table were Marc-Olivier Carpentier-Perrault, who Afriat defeated heads-up. Rounding out the final table were Adam Hui, Trug Hien Nguyen, Kiriopoulos and Kuhair Al-Pachachi.
Two WPT Champions were crowned yesterday to earn seats into the WPT Tournament of Champions presented by @Baccarat Crystal!
Read all about Christopher Puetz and Eric Afriat's respective titles 🏆
— World Poker Tour (@WPT) February 24, 2020
– DraftKings launched in its latest state last week when the online sportsbook went live in Iowa just in time for March Madness. With the opening of DraftKings Iowa, the online sportsbook now has an online presence in six states: Indiana, Iowa, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
– A ballot initiative is gaining steam in Colorado that would increase the state’s $100 bet limit at 33 casinos spread across Centennial City, Cripple Creek and Black Hawk. Politicians are currently pushing for a ballot initiative 2020 November election. To qualify to be placed on the ballot, 125,000 signatures would need to be collected.
– Johan Karlsson takes down the 2020 Kings of Tallinn Main Event from the Olympic Park Casino in Tallinn, Estonia. Karlsson won the title after outlasting 674 entries over 4 days.
– In Monday’s featured classic poker training video, we continue our look at UBoat’s “PLO Reboot” series. In this episode, UBoat goes through a hand history review of $2 Pot Limit Omaha Zoom.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Andrew Neeme is at MGM Springfield where he is set to play a couple of days of No Limit Hold’em cash games as well as a Meet Up Game:
– Garrett Adelstein is again the focus of a big hand on Live at the Bike session, this time from February 7th, 2020 where Adelstein and eight other players play a session of $25/$25/$50 + $50 Big Blind Ante with a $100 UTG straddle.
– WPT Germany was held this weekend and partypoker has its list of Top 5 hands from the tournament:
– The return of High Stakes Poker is coming to PokerGo, which will include new episodes. Of course, classic episodes will also be on the docket and High Stakes Poker has a teaser trailer to get you hyped: