Daryl Aguirre wins first major legal tournament in Texas. partypoker LIVE Millions UK continues. Check these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
First major Texas tournament won by Daryl Aguirre
Daryl Aguirre was the winner of the WPTDeepStacks Houston $1,000 buy-in Main Event on Monday. Aguirre defeated a field of 790 include Jason Brice heads-up to win $143,765. The tournament was notable given it was the first major legal poker tournament in the state. The host of the event, the Freerolls Poker Club, is optimistic about poker in the state and says that the tournament will not be the last major tournament in Texas hosted by the group.
Daryl Aguirre wins #WPTDSHouston ($143,765) – Jason Brice out 2nd ($98,735). On the final hand, KdJh>10c7c on a final board of Jd7h4d3s5s. Money in on the turn. https://t.co/Q3NkfG28kH pic.twitter.com/nGskhJgtDw
— WPTDS (@WPTDeepStacks) October 1, 2018
WPT Deepstacks is currently running an event in Vietnam with additional October stops in San Diego, Johannesburg and Pittsburgh. The next event on the schedule for the WPT Main Tour is the WPT bestbet Bounty Scramble, a $5k buy-in event held at the bestbet Jacksonville.
– Florian Duta leads the partypoker LIVE Millions UK Main Event after Day 1b at the Dusk Till Dawn Casino. The day ends with 88 out of 165 entries surviving the day. Action will pick up tomorrow for Day 1c at 12:00 local time and will be followed by Day 1d on Thursday. The tournament will run through October 7th before a winner is crowned.
Poker fans can keep up with the action through live reports at Poker News.
– PokerStars Team Pro Liv Boeree recently delivered her second Ted Talk. In this episode, Boeree discusses lessons poker has taught her about life and how a European Poker Tour win in 2010 caused her to overestimate her ability to play poker. Watch the six-minute video below (h/t PokerStrategy):
– In his latest piece for Online Poker Report, Steve Ruddock reiterates that Congress is unlikely to act on sports betting or online gambling in the wake of the hearing held last week by the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations.
– In his latest vlog, poker player Charlie Carrel discusses moving up to $50NL in a free strategy session posted on YouTube Tuesday:
– Upswing Poker recounts the top five largest tournament poker wins ever. All five of the top scores have come from the World Series of Poker with the two from the Main Event and three from the Big One for One Drop.