The first state to pass a sports betting bill during 2020. A decision on the 2020 WSOP will likely not be made until May. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Washington State is first to legalize sports betting in 2020
We have the first state to legalize sports betting in the United States in 2020. Washington State Governor Jay Inslee has signed a sports betting bill that will allow sports betting at tribal casinos. The bill will allow the state to renegotiate gaming compacts at 35 tribal casinos to enable sportsbetting.
Sports betting will not be available online or at the state’s card rooms. Instead, sportsbettors will be able to use a mobile app while physically at a tribal casino. The state’s card rooms are expected to challenge the law’s language that tribal casinos exclusive rights to sports betting.
Washington legalizes sports betting but only in tribal casinos and no mobile. Also can’t bet on Washington teams. pic.twitter.com/DKqSfD5tqY
— Stuckey (@Stuckey2) March 26, 2020
– A decision on the status of the 2020 World Series of Poker is not likely to come until May, according to WSOP officials. VP of Corporate Communications of the WSOP Seth Palansky said the situation is still being monitored and that a change of dates could also be in order.
– PokerStars PA has released its schedule of the PASCOOP set to guaranteed $2 million in prizes from April 6th to April 20th. The series is highlighted by a $200,000 guaranteed Main Event scheduled for April 19th.
– The WSOP.com Online Series Super Circuit Main Event was held over the weekend with Champie “kiddchamp” Douglas taking home the gold ring with a first-place prize of $134,410. The event attracted 1,134 entries and exceeded its $200,000 prize pool by $3,67l.
The partypoker POWERFEST also smashed through its guarantees over the weekend with Executioner_ winning $119k in the $2,100 Main Event, Lovest2Spooge winning $83,848 in the $320, Jeanss77 taking down the $55 and ALIOL199 winning $3,216 in the $5.50. “NotDarwin” also won $283,237 after finishing first in the $5,200 Super High Roller.
In the PokerStars Sunday Million, Roykus came out on top of 23,134 entries to win a $159,915.80 first place prize.
– Poker News Daily’s Earl Burton pens a review of “Poker Queens,” a documentary about poker’s best female players in an attempt to become the first to win the World Series of Poker Main Event. The movie is currently available to watch on Amazon Prime for $2.99.
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Carroters’ “Poker Resus Season 2- The Zoom Years” series. In this episode, Carroters and his student take a look at his recent high loss rate in the big blind.
– Here is a look at the most popular PA PlaySugar Casino games for April 2020, including five new games from Konami.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram breaks down the most recent hands from Day 31 of the Phil Galfond Challenge held on Saturday featuring Galfond and Venividi:
– Marle Cordiero and Jaime Kerstetter present another quarantined episode of The Rake featuring special guest Elliot Roe on how to deal with a variety of issues related to the coronavirus with his mindset tips:
– partypoker highlights the top 5 recent tournament wins online for partypoker Team Online members: