Phil Galfond with a small losing session on Friday. WSOP’s Seth Palansky Talks about the WSOP 2020. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Venividi now leads by €69 with over 4k hands to be played
After more Galfond dominance on Thursday in the Galfond Challenge on Thursday, challenger Venividi saw his fortunes change on Friday. Venividi won €28,538.21 on the day and now finds himself up €69,145.27 overall through Day 33. Galfond and Venividi have now played 20,659 hands through Friday’s session.
Action will pick up again on Saturday when Venividi hopes to make it two in a row. You can check out the action beginning at 11 AM ET on the Run It Once Twitch channel. Missed Friday’s session? Check it out below with the final part available here.
– With each passing day, the 2020 World Series of Poker seems more likely to be impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. WSOP VP of Corporate Communications says that a decision on the series will likely not come until May. He recently sat down with CardPlayer to go into further detail about the upcoming series.
– Major online tournaments are running this weekend, with a variety of big events including the Brazilian Series of Poker, PokerStars Turbo Series and the 888poker God of the Arean PKO Series. The PokerStars $109 buy-in Sunday Million guarantee is also increasing in size starting this weekend to $2 million. In Pennsylvania, the PokerStars PASCOOP series is set to get underway tomorrow, in its first day of guaranteeing $2 million in prize pools over two weeks.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video of the day we continue our look at Carroters’ “Poker Resus Season 2 – The Zoom Years” series. In this episode, Carroters and a student go over a two-table session session review.
– ICYMI: Powerball and MegaMillions tickets are now available for purchase online in Pennsylvania.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– After coming back from his €900,000 deficit in the Galfond Challenge, Galfond sat down with Joey Ingram from the Poker Life Podcast to discuss the challenge:
– Sam Trickett joins Jaime Staples in the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown where he talks about the high stakes games and more:
– Staples has also posted highlights from a March 20th session where he plays the Powerfest and Bounty events: