The Venetian holding a multi-table tournament this weekend in Las Vegas. A look at the expansion of WSOP online events. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Venetian hosting $250 buy-in MTT beginning on Friday
Even with two-thirds of United States casinos reopened over the last few weeks, poker rooms have been much slower to begin dealing games. For the poker rooms that have reopened, they have mostly stuck to shorthanded cash games.
This weekend, Las Vegas will play host to one of the first multi-table tournaments since the COVID-19 pandemic shut down casinos across the globe. The event will be held at the Venetian Poker room with a maximum of 80 players allowed into the event and a maximum of five players per table.
Join us Friday June 19 and Saturday June 20 at 11:10am @VenetianPoker for our $250 NLH Shootouts. Win your table and advance to the next round. Five (5) players maximum per table in round one (1). Eighty (80) player max for the event with NO re-entry. pic.twitter.com/6jUNE9A5Ar
— Venetian Poker Room (@VenetianPoker) June 16, 2020
In other reopening news, The Bicycle Hotel and Casino will also reopen on June 19th at 6 AM, according to a tweet from the California casino.
– GG Poker and WSOP.com are hosting 85 online bracelet event over the next few months, a record by a factor of nine. Pocket Fives’ Jeff Walsh examines the expansion of online events over the last six years.
– With the social distancing keeping many gamblers away from live casinos, online casino revenue continues to be strong in regulated United States markets. New Jersey and Pennsylvania had big months during May despite the fact that each state saw small declines at online poker. New Jersey set another record during May with $86 million in revenues collected by casinos while in Pennsylvania, the state’s online casinos generated $55.8 million.
– In the Wednesday featured poker training video, we continue to look at Carroters’ “Face Your Fears” series where he examines uncomfortable situations in poker. In this episode, Carroters goes in-depth with AK with a 3-bet before missing the flop.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– In the latest episode of The Rake, Marle Cordeiro and Jaime Kerstetter sit down with author Maria Konnikova to talk about her upcoming book, “The Biggest Bluff” and how she got insight from Erik Seidel, Jason Koon, Isaac Haxton, and Phil Galfond:
– Phil Helmuth talks with Poker News about what he has been up to lately and his thoughts on WSOP.com bracelets:
– In Poker Central’s latest look back at past World Series of Poker Main Events, they examine 5 top hands from the 2004 WSOP Main Event:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes
Simply choose over or under on your favorite players to play
No sharks, no salary caps, no BS
Turn the game on and follow along with live player tracking to watch how you're doing
Legal in 26 states + Canada (see site for details)