The first player to Israel to win an EPT title. 888poker software reviewed. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Gilboa takes down EPT Sochi Main Event
Uri Gilboa was the winner of the EPT Sochi ₽191,800 Main Event on Friday after besting fellow Isreali Zakhar Babaev heads-up. To claim the victory, Gilboa won the equivalent of $412,125 and becomes the first Israeli poker player to win a European Poker Tour title.
|2019 EPT Sochi Final Table Results|
Prior to the win, Gilboa had recorded $99,654 in live tournament cashes to his name according to the Hendon Mob.
Missed the final table? Watch the below to see how action played out:
– 888poker recently released its highly anticipated “Poker 8” software, which utilizes some popular elements of the previous software while adding players with a large selection of customization options. PokerNews says that players can expect a more clean and crisp table view along with some features that are both new and fun.
– These days Viktor “Isuldr” Bloom has been spending a lot of time playing online at partypoker and at partypoker LIVE events. High Stakes Database asks whether the popular Sweden-based online poker pro could be the next to sign with partypoker? partypoker has accumulated dozens of sponsored pros over the last few years including nearly a dozen players through the newly created partypoker Team Online.
– The relationship between United States poker rooms and players continues to be frayed. But US Poker’s Steve Ruddock offers up some suggestions for how the two can work together to improve their relationship for the benefit of all stakeholders.
– The New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement has fined Borgata Poker and bwin.party for violations of self-exclusion in the state. As punishment, the DGE has finished the online poker rooms about $120,000, which is double the amount the self-excluded poker players lost on the poker room.
– From the Fake News Bin: Daniel Negreanu begins carrying around hockey horn which he uses to celebrate the winning of each pot he takes down.
– Friday’s Grinderschool poker training video is part 5 of Againstime’s “Shove Theory” series. In this episode, Againstime focuses on advanced MTT shoves and discusses the presence of antes and the improvement of pot odds.
Notable poker videos
– partypoker’s Jeff Gross reports in from the $10,300 partypoker MILLIONS High roller, which took place earlier this month in South America.
– Steve O’Dwyer discusses the importance of “poker tribes” and improving your poker game: