Quek Sechariah Sheng wins at Triton Poker Montenegro. Anticipation grows for this summer’s World Series of Poker. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Triton Poker Montenegro entering final stretch
The Triton Poker Montenegro continues to roll on. On Monday, Quek Sechariah Sheng took down a surprising victory in the 200k Short Deck Turbo, outlasting 64 entries including Jason Koon and Tom Dwan to win $481,000. At the final table, Quek defeated Peter Jetten heads-up as well as Paul Phua, who finished in third.
|1||Quek Sechariah Sheng||$481,000|
|5||Chan Wai Leong||$127,400|
Poker fans can keep up with the Triton Poker Montenegro through live coverage from the Triton Poker Twitch channel until May 17th:
– PocketFives continues its series on marking the 50th anniversary of the World Series of Poker with the top moments from the last fifty years. Today’s post takes a look at numbers 31-40. In other 2019 WSOP hype discussion, PokerNews staff gives their predictions on the 2019 WSOP, which gets underway at May 29th.
– Watch Matt Staples win $92k in the PokerStars Sunday Million after coming in third place last Sunday. In other Twitch streamer nuggets, ever wonder how much some of the top streamers keep on online poker sites? In the case of Lex Veldhuis, that number is a hair over $219k thanks to the keen of a user on Reddit.
– The U.S. Department of Justice continues to dodge questions regarding its January reversal on the Wire Act. The DOJ has so far ignored repeated FOIA requests since February 5th that could shed light on the relationship between the decision and Las Vegas Sands opponent Sheldon Adelstein.
– From the Fake News Bin: A poker pro has been sentenced to life without parole after attempting to sell pieces of himself at the 2019 WSOP for 1.4.
– In Tuesday’s featured classic Grinderschool.com poker training video, we continue to showcase the “Cash Game Series with Colossos” series. This episode focuses on three betting in $0.05/$0.10 microstakes games.
Best poker videos on the Web
– High stakes online poker player LLinusLLove discusses his transition from online to live poker.
– Joey Ingram sits down with Matt Berkley in the latest episode of the Poker Life Podcast:
– Poker is among the changes made to the latest version of Red Dead Redemption Online, which just revealed a major update today: