Tony G wins the second Triton Poker event of partypoker LIVE Millions Europe. Poker players high have praise for Triton Poker rec/pro model used at Triton Poker London. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Tony G wins €237,250 in Triton Poker Short event
Tony G was victorious in the €25,000 Triton Poker Short Deck event at partypoker LIVE Europe on Tuesdays, defeating a small field of 21 entries to win €237,250. To win the title, Tony G beat Yake Wu (€163,000), Leon Tsoukernik (€104,500), Cary Katz (€75,500) and Choon Tong Siow (€61,000) at the final table. Although he doesn’t play poker full time anymore since becoming a politician as a member of the European Parliament for Lithuania, Tony G still finds time to play a bit of poker, placing in the $10,000 Limit Hold’em Championship at the WSOP this summer.
Congratulations to @TonyGuoga for winning the €25,000 @tritonpoker Short Deck for €237,250. Here's how he chose to celebrate! Next up on @PokerGO is the #MILLIONSEurope €25,000 Super High Roller: https://t.co/yxYA7BLKeq pic.twitter.com/oRenB0OfZQ
— partypokerLIVE (@partypokerlive) August 14, 2019
Attention now turns to the partypoker LIVE MILLIONS Europe Main Event, which began Day 1a on Wednesday with 165 entrants at the time of this writing.
– Bill Perkins was among the poker players who sung the praises on the Triton Poker Millions London Millions event which featured a 50/50 mix of recreational poker playing businessmen and poker pros. Perkins says the format may be even more successful with a more modest $300k to $400k buy-in. “I think with the stakes lower, you would see more like 100 businesspeople willing to play.”
– Four big events were held at the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown this week — the so-called “Big 4” — with Sean Winter winning the SHRPO Championship for $698,175; Shaun Deeb won the $25,500 High Roller for $778,300; Jessica Dawlery won the $2,650 No Limit Hold’em for $204,610 while Keith Brennan won $104,035 taking down the $1,100 Hold’em.
– Wednesday’s featured Grinderschool poker training video of the day is Part 3 of UBoat’s “PLO Postflop Play” series. In this episode, UBoat examines flop textures and answers questions on how to identify what kind of board you are dealing with.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Check out this bluff from Phil Ivey at the 100k Triton Poker Super High Roller from partypoker LIVE Europe:
– Doug Polk reviews a hand during the $100,000 High Roller WSOP featuring Keith Tilston and Nick Schulman.
– Charlie Carrel get in on the hand-reviewing game with a look at one of the big hands from the £1,000,000 buy-in event from Triton Poker London earlier this month.