Stones Gambling Hall wants Mike Postle cheating related lawsuits dismissed. And more Galfond Challenge action. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Stones Live lawyers request April 6th hearing
The Stones Gambling Hall has filed a motion to dismiss the $30 million lawsuits in the Mike Postle cheating controversy. The player at the center of the controversy, Mike Postle recently filed an extension to respond to the lawsuit. Kings Casino LLC — the owner of the Stones Gambling Hall, Mike Postle and Tournament Director Justin Kuratis were all named in the lawsuit. Lawyers for Stones Gambling Hall are asking for a hearing on April 6th to hear their arguments.
In the motion to dismiss the lawsuit, the filing claimed that “this lawsuit reflects the oldest complaints of gamblers — that their lack of success means they were cheated.” Poker players have understandably not been kind to the filing.
Rather than own up to any wrongdoing they just deny anything happened.
How anyone continues to play there is beyond explanation.https://t.co/usst1Xj0Vx
— Allen Kessler (@AllenKessler) March 6, 2020
– One day after Phil Galfond achieeved the largest win of the Galfond Challenge with Venividi, Galfond suffered a modest loss over 582 hands on Thursday. On the day, Galfond finished down €21,571.51, increasing the deficit to €738,330.30. Poker fans can tune in again on Friday to the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. Missed the action from Thursday? Watch below:
– Coronavirus continues to be a concern of tournament event organizers across the globe. partypoker’s Rob Yong has provided an update to the partypoker LIVE by saying that the tour will “proceed with caution,” emphasizing that they are giving players flexibility in choosing to play other dates. Yong also noted that dates could be moved around depending on the situation.
— Rob Yong (@rob_yong_) March 4, 2020
– PartTimePoker’s David Huber breaks down former Head of Poker Bill Rini’s controversial comments on Twitter. Among the comments Rini made that is getting a lot of attention came about after calling a small group of MTT pros “American scum.”
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we look back at Gazellig’s “$2 Rebuy Double Rush MTT” series. In this episode, he talks about strategy at the start of the tournament, including what hands he will play and eeking out small edges.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Missed the first day of the return of the Galfond Challenge with Venividi? Run It Once Poker has you covered with highlights from Day 16 in which Galfond won over 182k.
– Joey Ingram takes a look at Phil Galfond’s big comeback on Wednesday while reviewing some of the more notable hands from the session:
– Brad Owen is back with another vlog where he plays a $5/$5 meet-up game from the Gardens Casino:
– Check out the final table of the $25,000 Super High Roller from the partypoker MILLIONS South America held during February: