Triton Poker Montenegro Super High Roller series kicks off. What state will be the next to get sports betting? Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Steve O’Dwyer wins opening event at the Triton Poker SHR
– The Triton Poker High Roller Series is underway from Montenegro with nearly two weeks of exciting high stakes poker action through May 17th. On the first day of action on Sunday, Steve O’Dwyer took down the HKD 250K ($32,000) No Limit Hold’em 8-handed, defeating Isaac Haxton heads-up to win $472,665 after a heads-up deal with Haxton. The victory brings O’Dwyer up to $27,496,163 in lifetime live tournament winnings, which is 11th all-time.
Don't go anywhere, we continue with the HKD 500k NLH 6-Max!
— Triton Poker (@tritonpoker) May 6, 2019
Monday’s action featured Day 2 of the HKD 500k ($64,000) 8-Handed Turbo with the winner set to receive the equivalent of $1.431,264 on Tuesday. Xuan Tan goes into the day with the chip lead followed by Erik Seidel.
Catch the live stream from the Triton Poker Twitch channel, where action begins at 6:30 AM ET on Tuesday.
– Montana became the eighth state to officially enact sports betting legislation last week, making them the first state of 2019 to do so. Now attention turns to four other states that have passed sports betting bills with only a governor signature standing in the way of passage: Colorado, Indiana, Iowa and Tennessee.
– Meanwhile, on the online gambling front, Michigan Governor Gov. Gretchen Whitmer says she would veto an online gambling bill in its current form, citing a potential reduction in state revenue.
– After announcing his move to partypoker in March, Jaime Staples officially joins partypoker Team Online where he will be ramping up his YouTube and Twitch presence after a few weeks of relatively light output from Staples.
It’s a special day for me. I couldn’t imagine this turn a year ago and now I’m just so excited to get to work. Lots of Twitch and YouTube coming up 😀😀😀 https://t.co/qHPJYq9QOB
— Jaime Staples (@jaimestaples) May 4, 2019
– In Monday’s featured Grinderschool poker training video, we take a look at BigBadWolf’s series on “Double Up Or Nothing” tournaments. In this episode, Big Bad Wolf presents his series and discusses the various stages of a DON tournament.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Lanig Loeser ended up winning the EPT Monte Carlo Casino Main Event over the weekend, but watch 2013 WSOP Main Event champion Ryan Riess make a truly impressive call at the final table:
– Watch Joey Ingram investigate and break down the latest photos from Dan “Jungleman” Cates, where Ingram speculates Cates may be striving to be the next Dan Bilzerian as he strives to take his poker dream to the next level.
– Check out this hand from the Live at the Bike from a recent Live at the Bike session while playing $10/$100/$200 + $200 – Big Blind No Limit Hold’em.