Four Stations Casino properties in Las Vegas could remain closed. $400 Pot Limit Omaha WSOP event nears a conclusion. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
4 Stations Casinos may not be reopened
Frank Fertitta, the CEO for Red Rock Resorts said on Tuesday during an earnings call that four of the company’s Stations Casino properties in Las Vegas could remain closed. The affected properties are the Palms, Texas Station, Fiesta Rancho and Fiesta Henderson. Sixteen out of twenty of Stations Las Vegas casinos were opened on June 4th when Governor Steve Sisolak gave operators the green light.
“We don’t know if or when we’re going to reopen any of the closed properties. We think it’s too early to make that decision,” said Fertitta.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, Atlantic City poker rooms remain closed, despite Atlantic City casinos reopening on July 4th.
– On Wednesday, GG Poker hosted the $400 Pot Limit Omaha (Event #51), which kicked off at 2 PM ET. By late Wednesday, 14 players remained as the tournament headed towards a final table as Lorenzo “EhUsGuri” Bazel held the chip lead at the time of this writing. Poker fans can follow the action throughout the evening through live updates on WSOP.com. Earlier in the day, Daniel Negreanu streamed the $400 Pot Limit Omaha event on YouTube:
You can also watch the action live below:
– The WSOP Online Series on GG Poker has so far been a big success, with over $40 million in prizes generated so far. This week, eight bracelet events are scheduled including a $10,000 Heads-up Championship and two versions of the GGMasters this weekend.
– Gavin Cochrane took down a big win at the WPT World Online Championships, coming out on top of the 8-max Championship to win $540,664 over a field of 1062 players.
– Global Poker is playing host to the second installment of The GOAT tournament series which began on Sunday. Over the next three weeks, Global Poker is offering 204 tournaments with guarantees of 330 million Gold Coins and 1.1 million in Sweeps Coins, which can be exchanged for cash prizes on Global Poker and Chumba Casino.
– In Wednesday’s featured poker training video, we look at another of Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 live plays a session of mixed stakes shorthanded Sit N Gos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Norman Chad is the latest guest of The Rake featuring Jamie Kerstetter and Marle Cordeiro. In this episode, Chad discusses the quality of the WSOP this year, the Daniel Negreanu vs Doug Polk heads-up match and more:
– Need to catch up on the latest of the World Series of Poker this week? Check out the WSOP Online Recap Show featuring Ian Steinman and Nick Guagenti.
– Poker Central continues their look back at previous WSOP Main Events. With Wednesday’s post, they take a look at the Top 5 hands from the 2011 WSOP Main Event.