Sit N Gos come to PokerStars VR. Global Poker Awards begin at 8 PM ET tonight. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
PokerStars VR adds sit n gos
The latest version of PokerStars VR has been released. Among the biggest changes in the update is that PokerStars VR now supports sit and go tournaments with styles including regular, turbo and hyper-turbo structures. SNGS begin once all seats have been filled.
As part of the update, players will also be able to purchase chips to top off your bankroll as well as participate in weekly leader boards.
PokerStars VR was introduced last year as a more social and immersive way to play online poker. PokerStars VR, which can be played through a VR system such as Oculus Rift, is currently unavailable for real money play. The game is free to play but players can purchase additional chips at various tier levels. Chip purchases begin at $1.99 for 10,000 chips and max out at 10 million chips for $99.99.
– The Global Poker Awards take place tonight in Las Vegas from the PokerGo studios, where over a dozen awards will be handed out including the winner of the People’s Choice Award. Poker fans can watch the stream live from 8 PM to 2 AM CET live on PokerGo.
– After floating the idea of his own poker awards show, Joey Ingram has decided to postpone the idea until later this year.
They've acknowledged the entire process needs to be improved & I'm sure that will happen in the future.
— Joey Ingram 🤙🏻🤙🏻 (@Joeingram1) April 4, 2019
Ingram also announced he will welcome YouTube vlogger Andrew Neeme to the Poker Life Podcast on Monday at 3 PM ET.
– Alabama joins a growing list of states interesting in sports betting. A bill introduced this week would legalize mobile sports betting and make it the first state in the southeast to offer online sportsbetting. The bill must be acted on before June to pass during this session.
– Friday’s featured Grinderschool poker training video is Part 4 of Colossus’ “Cash Games with Colossus” series. The series focuses on sessions of $0.05/$0.10 no limit hold’em shorthanded tables.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Think watching poker on Twitch is boring? You must not have seen the PLO game between Patrik Antonius, Dan “Jungleman” Cates and Ilari ‘Ziigmund’ Sahamies during the Patrick Antonius Poker Challenge. Watch more clips here.