PokerStars’ popular Sunday Storm celebrates sixth anniversary with $1 million guarantee. WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star begins star-studded Main Event. Check out these stories and more in today’s Hit and Run.
PokerStars Sunday Storm Turns Six
PokerStars Sunday Storm is turning six years old and to celebrate, the top online poker site is nearly tripling the normal guarantee to $1 million. First place will receive $100,000 during the March 19th tournament.
The tournament is one of PokerStars most accessible, with only a $11 buy-in. It is also one of PokerStars most popular tournaments with 1.2 million entries from 260,000 unique players during the last year. A total of 1.2 million players have played the tournament since it was introduced six years ago.
If the $11 buy-in is still too steep, you can also qualify through $1.10 satellites, which will guarantee 1,000 seats to the event. These special satellites will be held on March 19th at 10 AM, 12:15 PM and 1 PM ET.
– WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star Main Event is underway. After Day 1A, Eddy Sabat holds the lead with 265,000 chips. The star-studded event also includes Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Chris Moorman, Erik Seidel, Mike Sexton and many others.
– In other WPT Bay 101 news, it apparently comes in handy to be friendly with Joe Hachem and Antonio Esfandiari. Check out this story from yesterday:
– There has long been a debate whether online gambling cannibalizes brick and mortar activity. Online Poker Report’s Chris Grove writes that the debate has been settled, and in fact online gambling not only brings in new customers but also reactivates dormant customers.
– Lorin Yelle breaks down the multi-accounting rule that Dan Bilzerian and Bill Perkins broke while Bilzerian played on Perkin’s Americas Cardroom account.
– Episode 2 of Grinderschool.com’s Mastering MTT Season 1 is up. In the video, Fjuanl takes a look at short stack strategy.