PokerStars Sunday Million to feature its largest guarantee at the $109 buy-in amount. Poker YouTubers talk about their frustrations over the platform which is removing some of their content. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
PokerStars to increase Sunday Million Guarantee to $2 Million
Online poker traffic continues to explode as poker players flock to online poker sites in response to the coronavirus pandemic that forced brick and mortar casinos to close across the globe. At the world’s largest online poker room, PokerStars, traffic is up 90% with no signs of stopping.
The coronavirus has online poker traffic soaring — PokerStars traffic is up 90%+ in 3 weeks as Europe goes on lockdown. pic.twitter.com/q643fpDeZ9
— GameIntel (@GameIntelReport) April 1, 2020
PokerStars is responding to the influx of players with its largest guarantee for the Sunday Million during the $109 buy-in era. This Sunday, the guarantee will increase from $1 million to $2 million. Reflecting the large field the tournament will likely generate, the tournament will extend to 2 days. Last Sunday, $2.31 million in prizes were generated for the tournament.
– Content creators such as Jaime Staples and Brad Owen are among the many poker players have run into trouble with YouTube over the last few weeks and months, supposedly violating YouTube rules which has lead to some of their videos removed from the platform. Fortunately, the issue seems to stem from a faulty algorithm and some of the videos are being readded, albeit slowly. CardPlayer dives into the issue and the frustrations that players have felt through the process.
– Phil Galfond Challenge Update: Galfond took a break with his mini-challenge on Wednesday. There was also no action in the Galfond Challenge with Venividi. They will pick things up tomorrow at 11 AM ET where poker fans can tune in live via the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. If you missed yesterday’s mini-challenge yesterday with AmSoGood below:
— Moonlightmaster (@Moonlightmaste1) April 1, 2020
– Here are some of the best alternative stories that outlets can only get away with once a year: Daniel Negreanu actually did win the 2019 WSOP Player of the Year award. Americas Cardroom to shut down and are not expected to pay players.
– In Wednesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Carroters’ “Poker Resus Season 2, The Zoom Years” series. In this episode, Carroters and a student go over the concepts for defending against 3-bets.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Phil Galfond sits down with Joe Stapleton for an AMA session, where Galfond answers questions from fans on the Galfond Challenge and other topics. Go here to watch the second part of the chat.
– Watch Jaime Staples commentate during the $10,000 buy-in 2019 Caribbean Poker Party event: