PokerStars introduces a faster version of Spin & Gos. World Series of Poker Europe begins on Sunday. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
PokerStars introduces faster Spin & Go variant
PokerStars Spin & Gos have grown in popularity over the last few years for their fast-paced and fun format that allow players the opportunity to win randomly assigned prize pools up to 10,000 their buy-in. The 3-seat Hyper-Turbo Sit N Gos are popular with some players because of the thrill of possibly winning a big score, while some poker players scoff at a poker game with so much variance.
But if the games weren’t fast enough for you, PokerStars has a new type of Spin & Go available — Spin & Go Flash. In this variation, the starting stacks are smaller (300 vs 500 chips) and the levels take one-third the time (1 minute versus 3 minute). It all leads to a game that is faster than the already pretty fast Spin and Go. Payouts randomizations and rake remains the same, according to PokerStars.
– The World Series of Poker Europe gets underway this Sunday with the €350 buy-in “Opener” No Limit Hold’em event. Fifteen WSOP gold bracelet events will be held during the month with the €10,350 Main Event set for October 25th. Robert Campbell currently sits at the top of the 2019 WSOP Player of the Year leaderboard, with Shaun Deeb, Daniel Negreanu, Daniel Zack and Phillip Hui right behind.
– On the World Poker Tour, the WPT bestbet Bounty Scramble gets underway today and runs through October 15th in Jacksonville, FL. Poker fans can keep up with the action from the tournament, which is guaranteeing a $1 million prize pool, through live updates from the WPT website all weekend long.
– Although Iowa has legalized and launched sports betting in the state, daily fantasy sports is still currently unavailable. That is expected to change next week when DraftKings and FanDuel are expected to receive the go-ahead to launch DFS in the state.
– A look ahead to Penn State’s game against Iowa on Saturday. PlaySugarHouse in PA currently has Penn State has slight favorites as -3 with the game expected to be a fairly low scoring affair with a total at 42 points.
– Friday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day is part 20 of Colossos’ “Cash Games with Colossos” series. This episode focuses on raising the flop while playing $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold’em shorthanded.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– It’s been a crazy week in the Stones Live Poker cheating scandal with things relatively quiet today. If you were under a rock, you have a lot of catching up to do. But if you just want a quick catch-up refresher, check out some highlights from the past week from vlogger Jeff Boski, one of the alleged victims.
– Missed the WPT UK Main Event from earlier this week? Check out a full replay of the final table from the Dust Till Dawn Casino:
– Check out highlights from Phil Galfond’s performance on Day 2 of the $5,200 WCOOP Main Event last month:
– Jaime Staples makes the final table of the $530 Bounty High Roller at partypoker on October 10th: