PokerStars PA with a huge month during March. Las Vegas casinos discuss how and when they can reopen. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
PokerStars PA generates $3.1 million in revenue during March
Pennsylvania online poker saw a record-breaking month in March. PokerStars PA, the only operator in the state, generated more than $3 million during the month, beating its previous record set in December 2019 by 27%. Online casinos still dominate the revenue picture with over $21 million generated over seven different operators.
April looks to be an even stronger month for PokerStars PA as average traffic has risen by over 800 real money players. The recent surge has been aided by the ongoing PACOOP, which has been running since April 4th with the series offering more than $2 million in guaranteed prize pools.
Online poker in the state of Pennsylvania generated $3.1 million in revenue during the month of March according to figures released Thursday by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.https://t.co/u6b4WcPRk3
— pokerfuse (@pokerfuse) April 17, 2020
– With casinos in Las Vegas and the globe shut down over the coronavirus pandemic, many are spending their time discussing and planning how and when they can reopen. While there is so set time frame for when Las Vegas casinos will start reopening, reduced capacities, masks, open seats and testing facilities could all be part of the equation.
– More Poker Masters Online winners have been crowned as Kahle Burns takes down the $10,300 No Limit Hold’em 8 Max (event #10) to win $291,550 while Michael Addamo wins the No Limit Hold’em 6-Max (Event #11) for $294,037.64.
– In the latest “Poker Stories” Podcast, Antonio Esfandiari talks to Card Player magazine about his poker legacy, Phil Ivey, Kevin Hart and the one time he let Dan Bilzerian shoot him in the chest.
– There was no Galfond Challenge session on Friday, but it’s clear that the first Galfond Challenge gripped many in the poker world:
— Run It Once Poker (@RunItOncePoker) April 17, 2020
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at CodeRed’s “Journey Through a $215 MTT” series. This episode picks up with CodeRed as he is in the money of the PokerStars Sunday Million.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Matt Berkey joins Poker Central’s Run It Back with Remko where he goes over notable hands from Season 4 of High Stakes Poker featuring hands from Guy Laiberte, Doyle Brunson and Patrik Antonius.
– ICYMI: Watch Phil Galfond talks with Joey Ingram about winning the first Galfond Challenge: