PokerStars adds a big tournament series for low-stakes players. A celebrity poker tournament raises money for COVID-19 victims but highlights the failure of ban efforts. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
2020 PokerStars MicroMillions gets underway this weekend
On the same day the schedule for the PokerStars 2020 SCOOP was revealed, a smaller series for low stakes players was announced. The small buy-in focused MicroMillions will return this weekend and guarantee $2.6 million in prizes and feature tournaments with buy-ins less than $11 beginning on April 19th and running through April 26th.
The series kicks off with the $250,000 Sunday Sunday special edition, which players can enter for just $5.50. The following week, the Sunday Storm Anniversary will serve as the series’ Main Event with $1 million guaranteed for the $11 buy-in event. Throughout the one-week series, players can enter variety of tournaments featuring games such as Hold’em, Omaha, HORSE, Stud, Razz and others.
Please play responsibly pic.twitter.com/pCxoPTI7s8
— PokerStars (@PokerStars) April 14, 2020
– A huge celebrity charity poker tournament benefiting Feeding America was held last weekend and raised over $2 million. The tournament, which was won by Ebony Kenney, featured huge stars such as Adam Sandler, Ben Affleck, Tom Brady and Matt Damon. The tournament was featured on Americas Cardroom, an unregulated offshore online poker room, which Online Poker Report’s Dustin Gouker says illustrates that the online gambling ban is a “fantasy.”
– The latest on the impact from the coronavirus on the poker world. The 500 US tribal casinos have lost an estimated $1.5 billion in two weeks from being closed. Meanwhile, small U.S. casinos are waiting to hear if they will qualify for federal COVID-19 relief such as loans to cover payroll and short term expenses.
– The Poker Masters online continued on partypoker with Pauli Ayras taking home the $10,300 Pot Limit Omaha 6-max event for $303,421 (Event #6) while Alexandros Kolonias finished first in the $10,300 NLHE 6-max event (Event #7).
– Galfond Challenge Update: A day after starting the second Galfond Challenge with Bill Perkins — in which Perkins jumped out to a small lead — there was no Galfond Challenge scheduled for Wednesday. No specific dates for future sessions have been announced, but the sessions have been known to start on short notice. Yesterday’s first session with Perkins was announced hours before it kicked off on Tuesday. Make sure to follow Galfond on Twitter or this space for the latest updates.
– In Wednesday’s featured poker training video, we continue to highlight CodeRed’s “Journey Through A $215 MTT” series. In this episode, CodeRed is in the middle stages of the tournament with a large stack size.
– The Unibet PA casino is currently offering blackjack players the chance to earn up to $2,100 in weekly bonuses by being one of the top 10 blackjack players of the week.
FREE $20 GOLD COIN PACKAGE
Get a $40 Gold Coin Package for $20
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Reedemable For Cash
100% Match on First Deposit
1x Playthrough Only
Online Sportsbook and Casino
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Phil Galfond joins the Poker Life Podcast with Joey Ingram after his first day of the second Galfond Challenge with Bill Perkins:
– Bryn Kenney is the latest quest of the Poker Central Podcast where he talks about poker and some of his crazy stories from on the road:
– The quarantine may be getting to some poker player and vloggers if Brad Owen’s latest YouTube video is any indication: