PokerStars Home Games get a makeover. More than 2/3 of United States casinos are now open. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
PokerStars Home Game update includes new games and customization
Over the last three months, more than 300,000 new home games have been created on the PokerStars Home Game platform, which allows players to bring the home game experience online. In response to the newfound interest in PokerStars Home Games, Pokerstars has given the platform a major revamp.
The new changes come as a result of player feedback. Changes and enhancements include the ability to play Home Games on mobile devices for the first time as well as the ability to customize game speed and stack size as well as make it easier to create games. PokerStars has also added a group of new games including 5 and 6 card Omaha, 6+ hold’em, Showtime Hold’em, Split Hold’em and Fusion along with Progressive KO and Total Progressive KO tournaments.
If you’re a Home Games player on @PokerStars, or always wanted to set up your own, what follows is going to be of interest to you.
🏠 Our new look Home Games are now live…
— PokerStarsBlog (@PokerStarsBlog) June 16, 2020
– More than two-thirds of all casinos in the United States have been reopened since COVID-19 restrictions were lifted in many states. There are now at least 32 states with at least one casino open while 9 other states remain temporarily closed. States including Lousiana, Arkansas, Indiana, West Virginia, Delaware and Massachusetts have opened all of their casinos.
In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, the push for greater acceptance of cash-less transactions is gaining steam. On Tuesday, the American Gaming Association released a report that said that 57% of gamblers believe digital and contactless payments are a vital part of preventing the spread of COVID-19. In light of the report, the AGA is recommending that states update laws to allow for the widespread use of cashless transactions.
– United Kingdom casinos will be allowed to reopen on July 4th with COVID-19 restrictions such as reduced capacity. But Genting poker rooms won’t be among those offering games as Genting revealed that all 40 of their poker rooms in the UK would be closing.
– Major League Baseball still has yet to come to an agreement with the MLB Players Association on a deal to resume the season. The latest proposal from the MLB would have called for 72 regular games and players to be paid 80% of their prorated salaries.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video of the day, we continue our look at Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 goes over a hand history review of a $3 full ring 45-man Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Nick Schulman is the latest guest on Poker Central’s Run It Back, as he can Remko watch the $50,000 HORSE final table from 2008 featuring Erick Lindgren, Scotty Nguyen and Michael Dimechele:
– Lex Veldhuis presents Twitch highlights from his deep run in Day 2 of the $530 PokerStars SCOOP event with $80k set for first place.
– Jaime Staples watches the final table of the $10,000 buy-in event from MILLIONS World during the Caribbean Poker Party 2019:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes
Simply choose over or under on your favorite players to play
No sharks, no salary caps, no BS
Turn the game on and follow along with live player tracking to watch how you're doing
Legal in 26 states + Canada (see site for details)