PokerStars releases new schedule for higher stakes players. Jaime Staples documents struggles with his second weight loss bet. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
PokerStars releases new high roller schedule
PokerStars is mixing up their high stakes tournament action with a new tournament schedule called the High Roller Club, a collection of daily high stakes tournaments featuring millions in guarantees each week. The daily schedule consists of PokerStars tournaments with buy-ins between $530 and $1,050, while the Sunday schedule adds $2,100 events to the schedule.
The daily tournaments of the High Roller Club center around No Limit Hold’em events with guarantees of between $50,000 to $225,000, while the Sunday schedule adds an Omaha high roller to the mix as well as larger guaranted prize pools up to $300,000. A full schedule of the tournaments included in the High Roller Club can be seen below.
|PokerStars High-Roller Club Schedule|
|Daily||11 AM ET||Daily Warm Up||$1,050|
|Daily||12:30 PM ET||Bounty Builder High Roller||$530|
|Monday through Saturday||2;00 PM ET||Daily Themed $1k||$1,050|
|Sunday||2:00 PM ET||Sunday High Roller||$2,100|
|Sunday||2:30 PM ET||Omania High Roller||$530|
|Daily||3:00 PM ET||Daily 500||$530|
|Monday through Saturday||5:00 PM ET||Sunday Cooldown||$1,050|
|Sunday||5:00 PM ET||Daily Cooldown||$2,100|
|Monday through Saturday||6:00 PM ET||Daily Supersonic||$530|
|Sunday||6:00 PM ET||Sunday Supersonic||$1,050|
– Earlier this year, Jaime Staples defied the odds when he lost nearly 120 pounds to win a weight loss bet with Bill Perkins that also involved his brother gaining over 50 pounds. After winning the bet, Staples made yet another bet with Perkins — dubbed Ultimate Sweat 2.0 — where Staples brothers would attempt to get to under 10% body fat at 3:1 odds of $50,000 to Perkins’ $150,000.
Many questioned whether the Staples brothers should even attempt to reach the goal even with the discipline the pair showed during the previous bet. In the months since the March bet, Staples has struggled with his weight, but is not backing down from the bet that would have Jaime Staples losing almost as much weight as the original Ultimate Sweat, all before April 2019.
– The PokerStars Player Championship set for this January may be one of the most ambitious live tournament endeavors ever. Over the course of the year the tournament will ultimately add at least $8 million to the prize pool through the awarding of 320 $30,000 Platinum Passes. Danny McDonagh, PokerStars Executive Tournament Director, recently sat down with Pokerfuse to discuss the ambitious tournament and what PokerStars hopes to get out of the tournament.
– With Election Day in the United States on Tuesday, Part Time Poker’s David Huber updates his informative post on Florida Amendment 3, arguably one of the most important gambling measures on the ballot on Tuesday. The amendment, if passed, would require future gambling expansion to be approved via voter referendum.
– PA online gambling has not yet launched but the online gambling world is already looking ahead to opportunities between neighboring New Jersey, which will likely be precursor to the eventual merging of liquidity between the states.
– Emanuele Onnis takes down the Malta Poker Festival Grand Event for €150,000, the largest live tournament cash of his poker career.
Latest poker videos from YouTube
– Doug Polk takes a look at a hand from the WPT Montreal Main Event where Ema Zajmovic and Patrick Serda went heads-up. In the hand, Zajmovic goes all-in on a bluff as Serda ponders a call.
– In his latest YouTube post, Joey Ingram takes a look at the five largest pots of his poker career, some involving some big names including Patrik Antonius, Ilari Sahamies and Guy Laliberte. If you’re a Ingram fan — and aren’t we all — take a look the vlog from yesterday where Kelly Minkin joins Joey in-studio to talk about… stuff.