PokerStars unveils information on game integrity through CardPlayer Lifestyle blog. Daniel Negreanu collects WSOP prop bet maximums on Patrick Leonard and Ali Imsirovic. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Detailed inforgraphic covers final quarter of 2019
In a CardPlayer Lifestyle exclusive, the blog unveiled an interesting infographic on PokerStars Game Integrity from information gathered during the final three months of 2019. In the report, PokerStars noted that of the 1.9 million active players at the poker room, 2,792 players had funds confiscated due to the company’s game integrity efforts.
The report illustrates that while players continue to play a pivotal role in the identification of collusion and bots, a large percentage of cases — especially related to collusion — are discovered by PokerStars Game Integrity methods. Player input was instrumental in bot detection, with 60% of those cases discovered by players.
BIG NEWS: @PokerStars’ Game Integrity Department has for the first time publicly released numbers relating to their on-site security efforts.
We've got an infographic plus an exclusive Q&A with company reps about bots, collusion, and more.
— Robbie Strazynski (@cardplayerlife) June 19, 2020
– Daniel Negreanu has added Patrick Leonard and Ali Imsirovic as poker players that bettors have maxed out on $100k side bets on winning 2020 WSOP online bracelets. Bettors will win the prop bet at even money against Negreanu should their player win a bracelet and Negreanu doesn’t.
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) June 16, 2020
– While the Venetian will host one of the first multi-table tournaments in Las Vegas since casinos temporarily closed two months ago, other casinos are also resuming tournaments elsewhere. Cardplayer notes tournaments in some Florida poker rooms will restart soon. Seminole Hard Rock will resume tournaments on June 23rd while bestbet locations in Jacksonville and Orange Park will likely begin in July.
– On Thursday, a judge heard oral arguments in the Wire Act case appeal involving The New Hampshire Lottery Commission and the US Department of Justice in the DOJ’s attempt to expand the Wire Act to most forms of online gambling. A final decision is likely many months away with even a Supreme Court decision possible. You can listen to the 45-minute segment below:
– An interesting thought experiment was started by Max Silver on Twitter recently asking his followers about a Groundhog Day concept involving the World Series Main Event? It’s definitely worth a read:
You play the WSOP Main Event, you bust and wake up, it’s the main event day 1 again. The universe is the same and all dealt cards repeat. Groundhog day concept.
8000 runners, how many attempts does it take to win? Strategy adjustments?
— Max Silver (@max_silver) June 17, 2020
– Poker Central is set to host the 2020 Poker Masters Online PLO Series this Sunday, June 21st. Following up on the successful Poker Masters Online Series held…, the new serious will focus on Pot Limit Omaha events and will be played on partypoker and broadcast for free on PokerGo.
The showcase online event will take place on partypoker and will be live-streamed for free on PokerGO.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we take a look at the final episode of Carroters’ “Face Your Fears” series. In this episode, Carroters goes over facing a light 3-bet.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Check out these highlights from Lex Veldhuis Twitch stream, showcasing some memorable moments from recent sessions:
– ICYMI: Greg Raymer is the latest guest of “Run It Back” from Poker Central to discuss the 2004 World Series of Poker Main Event which he ultimately won:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes