PokerStars Launches Christmas Celebrations
Friday is the first day of December meaning Christmas is just around the corner. The day represents the first day of “Christmas Celebrations” running from December 1st to December 25th. Over the course of the 25 days, PokerStars will be awarding over $2 million in free cash and prizes.
PokerStars players can take part in a variety of promotions including: CardMatch Challenges, CardHunt Puzzles, Jacks or Better Challenges, Reward Point Happy Hour, Golden SNGs and “much more.”
Players can participate in PokerStars Christmas Celebrations by going to your “My Challenges Window” from the PokerStars website or client and then opting into the program. Players who complete 10 or more offers will receive an entry into the $100,000 Christmas Day freeroll and $30,000 in prize drops.
– partypoker has unveils MY PP Live $$$, a new currency to be awarded to partypoker live satellite winners. Beginning next year, the new currency can be used for a variety of live event activities including buy-ins to partypoker LIVE events as well as travel expenses. The cover comes three months after PokerStars decided to restrict satellite winners to the seat that they won.
In addition to the new currency, partypoker will run a $1 million dollar leaderboard for those who win the most of the currency during the year.
– Looking to watch some live poker? Check out the Unibet Open from Bucharest, the last such event of the year below:
In other live event news, Foxwoods Resort will guaranteed $1 million in prizes for their upcoming Mega Stack Challenge, which will run from December 1st to 11th.
– Authorities around Las Vegas continue to seek out leads in the armed robbery that occurred at the Bellagio poker room cage on Wednesday. The Las Vegas Police Department has released a couple of photos captured by security cameras.
— Las Vegas RJ (@reviewjournal) November 29, 2017
– Alex Weldon attempts to predict the Pennsylvania online gambling market one month after the state became the 4th to regulate online gambling. This is the first part in the series.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is the start of a short series on $0.50/$1.00 NLHE. This episode focuses on standard play against calling stations.