PokerStars looks to introduce a new permanent game to its lobby soon while a new lobby is tested in Denmark. Phil Galfond breaks even in today’s Galfond Challenge action. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
PokerStars 6 Card Omaha set to be latest poker variant
Pokerfuse has revealed a couple more exclusive PokerStars tidbits over the last couple of days that should be of interest to the online poker site’s players.
In PokerStars’ Denmark poker room, a new lobby design has been unveiled as part of a recent software update. The lobby is highlighted by a sleeker, modern look with a flat design that is easier on the eyes. The new design continues the design introduced by the Aurora graphics engine. There has been no indication of when the new design will be rolled out to other markets.
On the game front, PokerStars looks like they will soon release a 6 Card Omaha game. The game, which was once available at Full Tilt Poker, is much like the standard form of Omaha but deals players six hole cards instead of four. Although there has been no release date announced for the game yet, it is believed to be a permnament addition to the PokerStars lineup of games.
– Tuesday saw Day 6 of the heads-up Phil Galfond Challenge against online poker pro Venividi. It was a hard-fought match through another 700 hands with Galfond down just €13.31 on the day. After a total of 3937 hands, Galfond is now down €327,016 at €100/€200 Pot Limit Omaha with over 21,000 hands left to play. Watch a replay of Tuesday’s action below:
– The WPT Bogata Winter Poker Open kicked off Day 2 on Tuesday with 593 players surviving out of 1,065 entries. An additional 225 players joined during late registration bringing the total to 1290 and a first-place prize to $674,840. Poker fans can follow the action via live updates at the WPT website.
– Speaking of the WPT, the poker tour announced a new distribution deal that will result in the company’s programing to be released in syndication in 22 markets. As part of the new agreement, it is estimated that an additional 15 million households will be able to watch WPT content.
– Today’s featured classic poker training video we look at another episode from Colossos’ “Poker Cash Games with Colossos” series focusing on $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold’em full games. This episode focuses on playing an aggressive game at these tables.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– partypoker continues to post coverage of this month’s partypoker MILLIONS UK events from the Dusk Till Dawn Casino. This episode features Day 2 of the Main Event and features the likes of Liv Boeree, Ben Heath, Adrian Mateos and Hossein Ensan to name a few. In other partypoker MILLIONS UK action, be sure to catch the $25,000 Super High Roller final table.
– Jeff Boski plays the $400 $100,000 guaranteed no limit hold’em tournament at the Wynn in his latest vlog.