partypoker and Poker Central join forces to bring Poker Masters online. Phil Galfond with another huge win on Day 26 of the Galfond Challenge. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
partypoker to host Poker Masters online starting April 12th
partypoker announced on Thursday that it had partnered with Poker Central on a new “Poker Masters Online” series that will guarantee over $15 million in prizes from April 12th and April 26th. The new series is in response to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that caused the Poker Masters live series to be canceled.
Buy-ins for the series will range from $10,300 to $51,000. The series will conclude with a $51,000 buy-in Main Event with $2 million guaranteed on April 26th. Previous Poker Masters events have been held at the Poker Central studios. The move comes on the heels of the Irish Poker Open also moving online to partypoker.
Hot off the presses 🔥📰
— Poker Central (@PokerCentral) March 19, 2020
– After a small break, Day 26 of the Galfond Challenge with Venividi returned on Thursday with Phil Galfond’s recent winning ways continued. On the day, Galfond won another €110,752.58 against Venividi to bring his total deficit down to €383,846. It was the third six-figure win for Galfond since the Galfond Challenge returned to action on March 4th and the second in a row. Galfond has now played 16,403 out of 25,000 hands through Thursday. If you missed the session from Thursday you can watch it below in its entirety. Tune into the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel when play resumes at 11 AM ET.
– Colorado casinos have been closed until at least mid-April, but that is not stopping plans for the state in pushing forward on a May 1st launch. In Thursday’s meeting, 16 licenses were approved for 11 companies. FanDuel Sportsbook, FoxBet and PointsBet are among the companies that have been granted online sportsbook licenses.
– Pennsylvania retail casinos are among those that have closed, with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board ordering that all casinos close on Tuesday, March 17th at 6 AM. Prior to the announcement, half of the state’s casinos had already shut its doors as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Online gambling is available in states where it is legal (currently Delaware, New Jersey, Nevada and Pennsylvania). Online sports betting is also offered in a handful of states, despite there being very little to bet on.
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue or look at Colossos’ “How To Beat The Microstakes” series. In this episode, Colossos goes over tight/aggressive play and table selection.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram is joined by PokerShares operator Michael McDonald on the latest episode of Self-Quarantened Week of the Poker Life Podcast. McDonald talks about the coronavirus pandemic and other topics:
– Jaime Staples welcomes partypoker Team Pro Hristivoje Pavlovic on the Weekly Poker Showdown: