Backers of Phil Ivey object to garnishment of WSOP winnings. Poker pro Ronnie Bardah to join the latest cast of Survivor. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Dan Cates among Phil Ivey WSOP backers seeking his share
The saga of the Phil Ivey edge sorting case continues. Around two weeks after it was confirmed that US Marshalls had confiscated Phil Ivey’s Poker Players Championship winnings, a couple of his backers have filed an ojection to get their portion of Ivey’s winnings from the tournament.
Dan “Jungleman” Cates and Illya Trincher, who backed Ivey for around 50% in the tournament, have filed a the suit saying they are owed $87,205 for their share of the winnings. The Borgata was able to successfully claim $124,410 of Ivey’s PPC winnings through garnishment after winning a $10 million-plus judgment against Ivey for his role in a 2012 edge-sorting case.
Scoop! @junglemandan and Illya Trincher file an objection to the Borgata's garnishment of @philivey's 2019 WSOP Poker Players Championship winnings. Cates and Trincher assert they are entitled to $87,205 of Ivey's garnished $124,410 payday. https://t.co/L9yyRxJzbK
— Haley Hintze (@Haley_Hintze) September 10, 2019
– Ronnie Bardah is the latest poker pro to join the cast of Survivor, as of one 1 of 20 contestants in the series which premiers September 25th. Jean-Robert Bellande, Garrett Adelstein and Anna Khait are poker players who have previously been on the show. Bardah, who has over $1.3 million in recorded live tournament wins, also won a bracelet during the 2013 WSOP when he won the $2,500 Limit Hold’em 6-handed event.
– Updates from the British Poker Open. Stephen Chidwick won the £25k Pot Limit Omaha for £202,500, defeating a small 15-entry field. In the previous day, Paul Newey took home £156,400 while playing the £10,500 No Limit Holdem.
Poker fans can continue to watch the series through Poker Central, which is broadcasting the event through September 12th.
– Julien Martini and Kate Joang went heads-up during the 2018 $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better WSOP bracelet event (which Martini won). Now the pair have decided to get married.
They’re all in. After meeting two years ago at a WSOP final table when they were heads up for a bracelet, @JulienJRMARTINI and Kate Hoang got married today. Congrats to the newlyweds.https://t.co/ryH3VESHTh pic.twitter.com/9njyPjNB39
— WSOP (@WSOP) September 9, 2019
– The 9th edition of Run It Up Reno is set to return October 11th and run through October 21st at the Peppermill Resort and Spa in Reno, Nevada. RIU head Jason Somerville will be joined by Arlie Shaban, Andrew Neeme, Kevin Martin and Johnnie “Johnnievibes” Moreno, among others. The tournaments will be streamed through RunItUp.tv.
– Tuesday’s featured classic poker training video of the day is Part 9 of Colossos’ “Cash Game with Colossos” series, which showcases his live play sessions while playing $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold’em shorthanded.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Marle Cordiero continues her series reviewing her session playing $10/$25/$50 at the Peppermint during the Run It Up live stream event.
– Jeff Boski is at the Wynn poker room at the Encore Casino where he plays a $230 no limit hold’em rebuy tournament: