Phil Galfond wins his fourth session in a row at the Galfond Challenge with Venividi. More live poker events postponed. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Galond wins another session against Venividi
Phil Galfond booked his fourth win in a row and fifth in six days on Day 21 of the Galfond Challenge with Venividi.
After sealing large victories of €183,481.38 and €92,803.89 since the Galfond Challenge returned last week, today’s win was more modest. Over the course of 576 hands, Galfond won €3,766.94, shrinking his total loss to €588,542.12 over 13,418 hands. The hot streak means that Galfond has shrunk his loss to over €300,000 with over 12,000 hands remaining.
On Wednesday, Galfond will take the day off before reconvening with Venividi at 11 AM ET on Thursday. If you missed the action from Tuesday, you can watch a replay from the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
– Three more major tournaments are being postponed as a result of the coronavirus which is spreading across the globe, affecting at least 110,000 people s far. On Tuesday, it was announced that WPT Barcelona, the 2020 Irish Open and the Winamax Grand Final have been postponed to a later date. Of course, the big topic on many poker fans’ minds is “will the WSOP be canceled?” and if not, should they?
– Sam Trickett, Xia He Jiang, Wai Leong Chan and Mikita Badziakouski are among the winners of the first four Super High Roller events at partypoker LIVE Sochi.
– The final table of the WPT Rolling Thunder kicked off on Tuesday with six players left. Earlier in the day, Shankar Pillai ($45,390) and Erkut Yilmaz ($45,390) were knocked out, leaving Kevin Rabichow, Robert Heidorn, Jake Schwartz and former champion Tony Tran battling for the final four spots and a first-place prize of $279,270.
Poker fans can watch all the action unfold from WPT Rolling Thunder 2020 from the World Poker Tour YouTube channel:
– A lucky player from Scranton, PA won a large jackpot while playing one of the many video poker games from Game King on Unibet PA. Nick took down a $80,000 payout on a single hand, an amount that he says he will use to help put his 2-year-old daughter through college.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video of the day, we continue or look at Gazellig’s “$2 Rebuy Double Rush MTT” series. In this episode, he goes over a variety of topics while focusing on avoiding marginal spots.
Best poker videos of the Internet
– Want a condensed update of the Galfond Challenge Day 20? The Run It Once Poker YouTube channel has you covered:
– Check out this hand involving Kelly Minkin at a March 3rd Live at the Bike session while playing $5/$5 + $50 Big Blind Ante + $50 UTG Straddle No Limit Hold’em: