Phil Galfond jumps into the next Galfond Challenge. PokerStars reveals key dates for the 2020 SCOOP. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Galfond goes head to head with Bill Perkins
Phil Galfond got right back to business on Tuesday with the second Galfond Challenge kicking off, this time with The Thirst Lounge’s Bill Perkins. The first day of the challenge was held on partypoker through Sam Tricket’s high stakes table, which was streamed live on the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel with commentary from Galfond himself. Bill Perkins even called Galfond midway through the session, helping give the session a more friendly and relaxed tone than much of the Venividi Challenge, something that was captured in this fine tweet from @pokerlolz.
— Pokerlolz (@pokerlolz) April 14, 2020
Galfond was down around $50k at one point before finishing the day just below $5k in the red. Poker fans can watch a live stream of the session from the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. There has not yet been a schedule announced for the next session of the Galfond Challenge with Perkins.
– While the PokerStars PASCOOP and NJCOOP are currently running their respective schedules, poker players across the world have been waiting for the main PokerStars SCOOP to be revealed. That came today when PokerStars announced that they SCOOP will run from April 30th to May 19th with $85 million in guaranteed prizes. The 2020 SCOOP schedule again will again consist of Low, Medium, and High events with a full schedule coming soon.
– More results are in from the Poker Masters on partypoker as Mike Watson won the $10,3000 NL 8-Max Event for $249,900 while Andras Nemeth took down the $10,300 NL 6-Maax tournament for $259,628.
– Everybody knows the poker hand rankings, right? It turns out not the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire audience (h/t PokerStrategy):
– The emergence of super high roller tournaments has had a big impact on live poker over the last decade with $25,000 plus buy-ins now being common. Nowhere is the prevalence of the tournaments more striking than how the Hendon Mob All-Time Money List has changed during the time period. Earl Burton from Poker News Daily takes a look at the top 10 list changes using different filters. The results are really interesting.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at CodeRed’s “Journey Through a $215 MTT” series. In this episode, he picks up at the third hour of the tournament with a larger than average stack size.
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram reviews the exciting conclusion of the Galfond Challenge where Phil Galfond completed his comeback from over 900 down to heads-up challenger Venividi.
– Peter Jetten is the subject of the latest full episode of the always engaging “I Am High Stakes Poker” with Lee Davy. In another recently posted clip, Daniel “Jungleman” Cates talks to Davy about how to be rational in poker and in life.
– In his latest YouTube video, Jaime Staples presents more Twitch highlights of his great run in the $320 Powerfest event from April 9th on partypoker: