Another one bites the dust in the latest Galfond Challenge match. Dan Bilzerian names Dan “Jungleman” Cates as cheater on poker app. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond beats ActionFreak by over €114k to win €150k sidebet
On Tuesday, Phil Galfond clinched a win against ActionFreak in the final session of the Galfond Challenge after winning approximately €123,000 on Tuesday to come out on top by €114,803.51 overall after 20 days. ActionFreak had narrowed the deficit in recent days but it wasn’t enough to hold off Galfond, who wins his second challenge in a row, having previously beaten Venividi in an epic comeback.
For this win, Galfond also takes home the €150,000 side bet. Phil Galfond currently has a Challenge with Bill Perkins but that Challenge is being sporadically played at the moment. Galfond has other challenges planned with Chance Kornuth, Dan Cates and Brandon Adams.
Watch the session below and check out the recap here.
– Dan “Jungleman” Cates has been revealed as the “Top 7” pro behind cheating allegations that Bill Perkins said would make “Mike Postle seem like a church service.” On Monday, Dan Bilzerian claimed that Cates played under Sina Taleb’s account on a poker app. Perkins has since walked back his original comments noting that he made the claim to the amount of money involved.
I can’t discuss this right now for legal reasons but this is misleading, I haven’t played a hand of poker with @DanBilzerian ever lol. More to come when appropriate but there was rampant ghosted on the site that people have admitted to.
— Daniel Cates (@junglemandan) May 25, 2020
– Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak announced on Friday that Nevada casinos could be allowed to reopen on June 4th should COVID-19 data remain favorable. Like many casinos in the United States, Nevada locations have been closed since March.
– Having originally been planned to be held at the Aria, the Super High Roller Bowl Online got underway over the weekend and runs through June 1st. Daniel Dvoress took down the biggest prize so far after winning $613,987. Pascal Lefrancois, Mikalai Vaskaboinikau, Sergi Reixach, Chris Hunichen and Jans Arends also won SHRB events.
Viktor Bloom was among Tuesday winners, taking home a $213,750 first-place prize in the $10,300 High Roller. Dan Smith and Luuk Gieles also won events
– In Tuesday’s featured classic poker training video, we continue to look at Reasons14’s SNG strategy videos. In this video, Reasons14 live plays a session of $1.75 18-man Sit N Gos.
– From the Fake News: Bill Perkins’ promise of a poker scandal “that would make the Mike Postle scandal look like a church service” failed to live up to the hype and has the poker community asking for a bigger, sexier cheating scandal.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Watch a recap of Lex Veldhuis‘ run in the PokerStars Sunday Million a week ago through Twitch highlights posted on YouTube:
– The Triton Poker YouTube channel has posted the latest episode of the Les Ambassadeurs Short Deck Private Game from Triton Poker London 2019, with the game featuring Jason Koon, Mikita Badziakouski, and Wang Jung.
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes