Phil Galfond with another win against ActionFreak on Thursday. Doug Polk moving towards recalling Las Vegas Mayor. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond now up €246k in Galfond Challenge Match With ActionFreak
Phil Galfond and ActionFreak picked up their Galfond Challenge match on Thursday with Session #7 of the 15,000 hand Challenge of €150/€300 PLO, one day after Galfond held a mini-challenge with Dan “Jungleman” Cates.
Galfond had another winning session on the day, finishing up €21,808.19 over 741 hands. With the winning day, Galfond now finds himself up €246,512.56 with 4,821 hands of 15,000 hands played. Galfond and ActionFreak are expected to resume the next session of the Challenge on Friday, which poker fans can watch via the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
– Doug Polk may not be playing poker or making poker videos anymore, but he’s still shaking things up. The founder of Upswing Poker has filed a notice of intent to recall Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman after comments made during a CNN interview with Anderson Cooper where she said she wanted the city to act as a “control group” for the coronavirus. A video revealing his intentions was posted on his non-poker YouTube channel:
– Live poker could look a lot different when it returns if Las Vegas’ proposed rules limiting tables and seats takes hold. The changes have led some to question the impact that it will have on games.
– Online tournament updates from across the Internet: Pascal Hartmann takes down the $5,200 High Roller at the WPT Online Series for $205,826. Meanwhile, Mustapha Kanit won the PokerStars SCOOP $10,300 NLHE High Roller for $271,790.44 for his third SCOOP title. A day prior, Talal Shakerchi won his fourth SCOOP title after coming out on top of the $2,100 FL 2-7 Triple Draw.
– The World Poker Tour‘s Adam Pliska talks about how the World Poker Tour has embraced online poker through the quarantine, telling Pokerfuse that he sees no difference int he presige of live or online WPT Championships.
– Thursday’s featured poker training video of the day is another training session from Reasons14 “SNG Strategy” series. This episode focuses on his play during a $27 9-man non-turbo SNG.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– John Hesp, the fan-favorite of the 2017 World Series of Poker was interviewed by Robbie Strazynski to talk about the quarantine, reopening of poker rooms and clarifies why he called himself the “Double Trump of Poker,” among other topics.
– Missed the Mini Galfond Challenge with Dan “Jungleman” Cates on Wednesday? Check out the highlights from the session below:
– Jaime Staples sits down with Jason Koon in the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown but not before he talks about recent tournament performances of Jaime and his brother Matt, who was won of three streamers to make the final table of the partypoker MILLION.