partypoker expands live tournament reach with Triton Poker partnership. Daniel Negreanu looks to have another busy WSOP this summer. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
partypoker joins forces with Triton Poker
partypoker has agreed to terms with Triton Poker Series to become the tour sponsor of the popular high-roller tournament series. The partnership will begin with the Triton Super High Roller Series in Montenegro, slated for May 5th to May 17th.
The deal continues partypoker’s increased move into live events. partytypoker LIVE aned MILLIONS events have gained prominence over the last couple years with high profile events across the globe. The online poker room has also inked various partnerships with the World Series of Poker and, more recently, a 4-year deal with the World Poker Tour to hold up to seven events in Europe and Canada with guarantees up to €3 million.
– Despite the fact that Daniel Negreanu doesn’t have a recorded live tournament cash since September of 2018, he plans on playing a heavy schedule during the 2019 World Series of Poker this summer, just as he in previous years. However, on the DAT Poker Podcast, Negreanu said he is considering playing some of the smaller events and that he plans on cashing in a lot of them. “If someone wanted to bet me $5 million that I could have 15 cashes at the World Series this year — fire away,” Negreanu said.
– Phil Hellmuth revealed via Twitter than he and Rob Yong will play five unique $100,000 heads-up tournaments:
Rob Yong challenged me to FIVE $100,000 Heads Up No Limit Hold’em matches, 100BB deep, w a 50 minute clock (to taise the blinds), I accepted – who wins?
— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) April 5, 2019
– ICYMI: Poker Central unveiled its “High Roller of the Year” summer schedule last week. Running alongside the World Series of Poker, the High Roller of the Year schedule will hold 35 events with buy-ins over $10,000 from May 23rd to July 16th at the Aria Resort and Casino with select WSOP events at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino as well as the Bellagio Hotel and Casino. Poker fans will be able to watch these events with a subscription through PokerGo.
– If Texas Tech wins the NCAA national championship tonight, one lucky gambler will take home $300,000. The anonymous gambler placed the bet in late November at the Westgate Las Vegas at 200:1 odds.
– Chris Moorman added to his lead in the All-Time Online Money list after winning the $100,000 Tune Up at the 888 XL Blizzard series for a $21,092.40 first place score. In other online tournament news, “SpiritDNA” took home $154,033 in the partypoker POWERFEST on Sunday.
– Long-time online poker room Red Kings will be closing its doors on April 28th. The MPN skin, which has been in operation for more than 13 years, will be shutting its online poker room as well as sports betting platform. Red Kings will continue to operate its online casino offerings “for the foreseeable future.”
– In Monday’s featured Grinderschool poker training video, we showcase part 5 of Colossus’ “Cash Games with Colossus” series. In this series, Colossus plays $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold’em shorthanded.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Poker vlogger Andrew Neeme joined Joey Ingram’s Poker Life Podcast on Monday to discuss a variety of poker topics: