partypoker MILLIONS Online $20 Million guaranteed is in the books after entertaining final day. A recreational player who qualified through $5 satellite finishes in third place. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
partypoker MILLIONS Online crowns four millionaires
Manual “Sheparentao” Ruivo is the winner of the record-breaking partypoker MILLIONS Online on Wednesday evening after agreeing to a near-even chop with Pim “ForMatherRussia” de Goede. Ruivo takes home $2,329,944 while de Goede receives $2,309,995. In total, the tournament produced four millionaires from the online tournament’s highest-ever $21,385,000 prize pool.
Final results of the historic tournament:
|partypoker MILLIONS Online Final Table Payouts|
|1st||Sheparentao (Manual Ruivo)||$2,329,944|
|2nd||ForMatherRussia (Pim de Goede)||$2,309,995|
|4th||Maddonnaa (Pedro Marques)||$1,091,750|
Although the huge chop at the end of the tournament is receiving much of the headlines, perhaps one of the best stories of the final table was the performance from “Scarmak3r,” a Slovenian who started his qualification journey from a $5.50 satellite, which he turned into a $22 entry, followed by a $109 and $530 satellites before qualifying for the $5,300 Main Event, somewhat reminiscent of Chris Moneymaker’s 2003 WSOP Main Event performance when he turned $86 into $2.5 million.
Joey Ingram’s live stream during the event attracted over 4,000 simultaneous viewers at one time. Check out the video below to watch an entertaining replay of how it all played out:
– The New Jersey online poker market continues to struggle but there have been some recent bright spots. PokerStars New Jersey posted its highest average cash game players since launching in the state while WSOP.com ran a successful $1,000 buy-in tournament on November 25th, which almost doubled its $50,000 guarantee.
– Players from across the poker world mourn the death of Norweigan poker legend Thor Hansen.
– The huge prize pools of live tournament events and online tournaments have attracted a disproportionate amount of the attention lately. That’s led to some in the poker world asking “what about the cash games?” In a piece from Thursday, PokerStratey says that cash games haven’t been successfully marketed since the days of High Stakes Poker almost a decade ago and offers solutions of how that can be changed (higher stakes!).
– There is currently a sports betting bill floating around Congress right now that would legislate sports wagering in the United States. John Holden from Legal Sports Report takes a deep dive into the draft bill and what it would exactly do.
– Alex Weldon with Part 3 on his series on PokerStars Fusion. In the last installment of his in-depth look at PokerStars new game, Weldon examines the turn.
Best poker videos on YouTube
– If you just can’t get enough Joey Ingram videos — and who would — be sure to check out his sit-down with Will “Dankess” Jaffe from Thursday:
– Jaime Staples checks in from his UK meet-up tournament held at the Grosvenor Casino:
– In the latest episode of the 2018 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, there are just ten players left including Adrian Mateos and Koray Aldemir, who are all each hoping to make the final table.