The largest online poker tournament of all time set for Sunday. Poker players explain what they are thankful for. Find these stories and more on a Thanksgiving-Eve Hit and Run.
partypoker MILLIONS Online begins Sunday
In just four days, the largest tournament in the history of online poker is set to get underway, the partypoker $20 million guaranteed MILLIONS Online. The $5,300 buy-in $20,000 million guaranteed has been getting a lot of attention for its huge prize pool with some wondering how many people will enter the tournament.
As of Wednesday afternoon, 638 players had registered or qualified for the tournament. With 4,000 needing to enter the tournament to meet the lofty guarantee, this tournament seems likely to yield an impressive overlay. Could the largest online poker tournament in history produce the largest overlay in online tournament history? We shall see. As stated, the tournament kicks off with Day 1A on Sunday, which will be followed by additional Day 1 flights until Day 2, slated for December 4th.
The tournament comes one week after a major live event, the 2018 Caribbean Poker Party Main Event, produced an overlay of $1 million. Is this what partypoker wants? Yes, says partypoker Chairman Mike Sexton.
In case you’re wondering how @partypokerlive can miss HUGE guarantees in Montreal & Bahamas, overlay online sat’s, & guar $20m for MILLIONS Online, the answer is @partypoker would rather spend its 💰on the players rather than advertise on billboards/TV. #fortheplayers #partypoker https://t.co/Wn265wu6lG
— Mike Sexton (@Mike_partypoker) November 21, 2018
– With Thursday being Thanksgiving for those in the United States, Bernard Lee asks fellow poker players what they are most thankful for with comments from Joe Cada, Jason Mercier, Matt Savage and others.
– Looking to watch some poker over the next few days? Catch the Unibet Open Dublin stream on a slow live tournament week from the Unibet Poker Twitch channel, with the event running through November 25th.
– Thanksgiving weekend is not just a time with family, but also football and daily fantasy sports. Check out Collin Hulbert’s Week 12 DFS picks for tips on how to set your lineups this week.
– Thinking of going pro? CardPlayer LifeStyle takes a look at some pros and cons of making a living playing poker.
– From the Fake News Bin: On the heels of the success from Short Deck Poker, a new game, Action Poker, promises to turn poker on its head with a new poker variant.
– Notable tournament wins across the country: Trung Pham beats 4,558 entries at the Seminole Rock N Roll Poker Open to win a $123,364 first place prize. Brett Halan takes down the 2018 MSPT Wisconsin State Poker Championship for $145,000. Alex Massman wins the Los Angeles Poker Open for $136,610.
Best poker videos on YouTube
– Doug Polk’s been busy posting new videos on YouTube. His latest is again from Live at the Bike, in which he reviews a hand between “Dan Zack” and “Aaron.” One player flops a set but runs into what he sees as trouble on the river. Could he actually let it go?
– Jaime Staples heads to Paris as he takes a few days off free from poker.
– Jonathan Little sits down for coffee as he answers questions from players and discusses a variety of poker strategy topics.