partypoker MILLIONS Online attracts more than 1100 for the third flight. Could online gambling in Michigan be passed this year? Find these stories and more in the weekend Hit and Run.
partypoker MILLIONS Online Day 1c flight underway
Day 1c of the biggest online poker tournament of all time got underway on Sunday. Of course, we’re talking about the partypoker MILLIONS Online, whose $20 million guaranteed prize pool is the largest ever. With such a large guaranteed tournament, attention has been turning to the likely overlay of the event, essentially the extra value added in the tournament.
After late registration finished on Sunday, 1112 entries had entered the tournament, putting the total number of players to enter the tournament at 3,170. partypoker needs to reach 4,000 entries additional flights on Monday and Tuesday — which are expected to have smaller fields — remaining to bring in additional players.
More than 100 #partypoker players have won #MILLIONSOnline seats today already and our Mega Satellites have another 100 seats Gtd, including the one in late registration. Hurry and you can jump into it for $530! https://t.co/1eOTma6Wuj 18+. Play responsibly. begambleaware pic.twitter.com/PnIf8nJybH
— partypoker (@partypoker) December 2, 2018
At this point, it looks as though the tournament could produce a small overlay but not nearly as large as was expected before the tournament started last week. Survivors from all four flights will reconvene on Tuesday for Day 2.
– Believe it or not, but there is a fighting chance another state could regulate online gambling before the end of the year. A representative from the Michigan legislature, says that online gambling is “close to the finish line.” After passing the Michigan House of Representatives, the bill must now go through the Michigan Senate. If the bill does not pass before December 20th — the end of the legislative session — the bill would essentially need to start over from the beginning.
– The adding of new games, even if temporary, has been a big part of PokerStars’ strategy over the last couple of years. The goal is to keep players interested and engaged and according to a quote from Sever Rasset in a piece from US Poker, there is no intention to stop. The profile dives into the game development process with the PokerStars Director of Poker Innovation and Operations.
– The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board held another important meeting last week where Rush Street Interactive and Kambi were among those approved for sports betting while Mohegan Sun Pocono was approved for online gambling. But David Huber focuses on another topic to come from the meeting – unattended toddlers in the parking lots of Pennsylvania casinos.
Up to four PA sportsbooks could launch during December after the sports betting approvals of last week. The SugarHouse, Rivers Casino and the Parx Casino — along with another location at the Philly Turf — could all be accepting bets this month.
– Alex Weldon takes a look at the latest poker ranking from across the world of poker with Alex Foren continuing his reign on the top of the GPI leaderboards, Jake Shindler in the driver’s seat in the Card Player rankings while
Best poker videos on YouTube
– With 888 Live in London running and the start of December, PokerNews asked poker players about their favorite Christmas movies. John Cynn and Scott Blumstein are among those weighing in.
– Episode 11 of Season 6 of the Poker Night in America was posted on Friday and picks up action from The Gardens Casino with a $25/$50 cash game.
– ICYMI – Joey Ingram and Phil Galfond sit down for 2 hours in the latest Poker Life podcast to discuss the future of poker, Run It Once Poker and other poker topics.
– A recent post from the Live at the Bike! YouTube channel showcases a $25/$50/$100 Big Blind Ante game with Doug Polk, Dan “Jungleman” Cates and Garret Anderson with commentary from Joey Ingram, Ryan Feldman and Christian Soto.