partypoker makes a statement with big bot crackdown. A WSOP bracelet can be yours. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
partypoker refunds players effected by bots $734,000
The war on bots continues. partypoker has announced that the online poker room closed 277 bot accounts from December 1 of last year to March 31 of this year. They say the account closure illustrates their increased commitment to safeguarding legitimate players. partypoker estimates that 75% of the closed accounts were a result of work done by the newly created “Poker Fraud Team.”
In addition to closing the 277 fraudulent accounts that were shut down, partypoker redistributed $734,852.15 in funds to players that had lost funds to the bots. These accounts use prohibited software to play against humans, giving them an unfair advantage against real players.
We don’t disclose the method we use to redistribute funds seized. Just because a player plays cash games, doesn’t mean they have automatically clashed against bots, and in fact many bots don’t operate on cash games.
— partypoker (@partypoker) April 9, 2019
– Another WSOP bracelet has been posted on eBay. This time it’s a 1999 WSOP bracelet won by Tom Franklin after coming out on top of the $2,500 Limit Omaha event when he won $104,000. At the time of this writing, there have been no bids for the item which as started bidding at $50,000.
– A week after partypoker posted its promotion page for the November 2019 MILLIONS Online, pokerfuse has noticed that references to the ambitious $20 million guaranteed prize pool have been removed. Last year’s partypoker MILLIONS Online generated a record $22 million prize pool. A representative for the online poker room aid that a statement on the schedule will be released soon.
– Notable live tournament poker winners over the last few days: Nick Ahmadi wins $209,977 after winning the $570 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown Kickoff event, outlasting 2,598 entries. At the €2,350 Big Wrap PLO Festival Main Event, Lautaro Guerra won $235,907 after beating a field of 516 entries.
– MelonsAreYum is the big partypoker POWERFEST winner of the day after taking down over $163,000 including bounties in the $5,200 PKO 8-max event.
– An Oregan slots player hit a $1.5 million score while playing a penny slot game, Monopoly Hot Spot. The player hit the progressive jackpot last Saturday morning at the Chinook Winds, a tribal casino located in Lincoln City.
– PartTimePoker introduces a new regular feature called “Ask Randy,” where mixed-game specialist Randy Ohel answers readers questions about the poker world and mixed games. In today’s Ask Randy, Ohel discusses which mixed games to learn first, how he got into poker and his favorite Las Vegas poker room.
– Wednesday’s featured Grinderschool.com poker training video is part 7 of Colossus’ series on “Cash Games with Colossus.” This selection of videos showcases his classic $0.05/$0.10 no limit hold’em shorthanded videos.
Best poker videos on the Web
– High stakes player Steffen Sontheimer sat down with Joey Ingram from the Poker Life Podcast to discuss a variety of poker topics including the secredts to crushing poker.
– Episode 5 of the 2019 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure dropped on Wednesday. In this episode, PokerStars highlights action from the first half of Day 4 of the January tournament where just 20 players remainined including Scott Wellenbach, Tommy Nguyen and David “Chino” Rheem.