A limited number of Nevada poker rooms are available on Day 1 of reopening. England sets July 4th reopening date. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Nevada poker rooms limited to 3 on Day 1 of reopening
Many Nevada casinos officially reopened on Thursday morning. But despite that fact, there are not many poker rooms deciding to spread games, at least yet.
The Venetian is the only poker room on the Las Vegas strip to offer poker on the first day of reopening. Two casinos off the strip, South Point and The Orleans also reopen.
Poker is lagging behind other casino games due to the unique challenges in opening in a post-coronavirus environment, especially when poker accounts for a small percentage of overall revenue. Some casinos will focus on their casino floor for now while some await more players per table to be allowed (guidelines currently call for four players per table).
Ok, the big update!!
Poker Room at South Point will be opening at 8:00 AM on Thursday, June 4th and we will be open 24 hours. We will be offering our normal cash games with a $3 max rake at $10, $30 and $50.
— South Point Poker Room (@SPPokr) June 3, 2020
– England casinos are set to begin opening on July 4th after the United Kingdom’s Betting and Gaming Council approved the proposal. English casinos have been closed since March 23rd.
Like many casinos that are reopening, England casinos will need to implement a variety of safety measures to protect customers and staff. Hand sanitizer will be required upon entering casinos while face coverings will be available upon request. Electronic gaming machines will be sanitized after each use and plexiglass barriers will be installed where possible.
– Mac VerStandig, the attorney for the plaintiffs in lawsuits against Mike Postle, Stones Gambling Hall and tournament director Justin Kuraitis has authored an op-ed reacting to the news of the dismissal of their lawsuit by a judge on Wednesday.
– One of the biggest success stories of the last year has been the rise of GG Poker. Average real money traffic at the online poker site has tripled over the last year to over 3500 real money players.
Speaking of GG Poker, the online poker room is the latest site to make real names manadory at the high stakes. The poker room joins partypoker in experimenting with using real names at the tables.
– Pennsylvania’s The Meadows Racetrack and Casino as well as the Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh are set to become the first casinos in the state to reopen, with plans to open the casinos on June 9th.
– In Thursday’s featured classic poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” video series. In this episode, Reasons14 examines a hand history of a $6.50 full ring 18-man turbo Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Jeff Gross is the latest guest of the Weekly Poker Showdown where he sits down with a 45-minute chat with Jaime Staples:
– Nick Schulman joins Lee Davy for the latest posted episode of “I Am High Stakes Poker” where Schulman discusses his start in poker, goals and a battle with depression:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes
Simply choose over or under on your favorite players to play
No sharks, no salary caps, no BS
Turn the game on and follow along with live player tracking to watch how you're doing
Legal in 26 states + Canada (see site for details)