Defendants in Mike Postle case granted motions to dismiss in major victory. Justin Bonomo wins the Super High Roller Bowl Online Main Event. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Mike Postle, Justin Kuraitis and Stones Gambling Hall score major victories in case
Big news in the Mike Postle cheating case on Wednesday as a United States District Judge granted the motions to dismiss from King’s Casino, Justin Kuraitis and Mike Postle. The judge agreed with the defendants that the claims were “not cognizable under California law because California public policy bars judicial intervention in gambling disputes, in part because the asserted damages are inherently speculative.”
A request for sanctions for Postle was also dismissed by the judge. It is unknown whether an appeal will be filed in the decisions. If not, Postle will not face any civil penalties from the cheating allegations. An amended complaint may also be filed, but only charges pertaining to Stones Gambling Hall and Kuraitis would be involved.
Plaintiff lawyer Mac VerStandig expressed his displeasure with the decision. “While I am of course disappointed Mr. Postle has been let out of this litigation, I trust that disappointment pales compared to that of Stones Gambling Hall, which made the arguments that permitted Mr. Postle to exit the case.”
Just letting the poker community know that if you decide to cheat on a live stream you are free to do so. There will be no accountability for your actions and you are free to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars. The casino, and employees who might help you, are not accountable
— Veronica BLM (@Angry_Polak) June 3, 2020
– Justin Bonomo is the winner of the 2020 Super High Roller Bowl Online, winning his third SHRB title and the first-ever SHRB Online Main Event. Bonomo defeated a field of 50 entries to win a $1,775,000 first-place prize. Other notable high rollers including David Peters, Linus Loeliger and Sam Greenwood also made the final table:
– The Bellagio in Las Vegas has given a sneak peek of what it will look like when the casino reopens on Thursday. To allow for social distance guidelines, every other slot machine and table game will be closed. Plexiglass barriers have been installed between each player at table games. Other property amenities will be as touchless as possible, including the elimination of room keys (phones will be used instead) and touchless menus.
– The GGPoker WSOP Super Circuit series generated big numbers during its nearly 1-month run, handing out 18 WSOP Circut Rings and guaranteeing over $100 million in tournament prizes. Over the course of the 516 tournaments, the WSOP Super Circuit attracted over 485,000 entries and paid out more than $134 million in prizes, easily surpassing its guaranteed target for the series.
– In Wednesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Probrdr’s journey through a $109 MTT. In this episode, Probrdr is in the middle stages of the tournament of the 5-part series.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Florida poker blogger Kyle Fischl joins Jamie Kerstetter and Marle Cordeiro as the latest guest of The Rake to talk about playing live poker after casinos reopened in the state.
– Watch Twitch highlights of Jaime Staples session from a May 24th session where he multi-tables a series of tournaments including the partypoker MILLION:
– ICYMI: Check out a replay of last week’s King’s Celebrity Poker Challenge, held on Club WPT and featuring celebrities such as Jon Hamm, Jason Alexander and Kevin Pollak:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes