Select live poker rooms could reopen as soon as May 11th. Fedor Holz is the latest ambassador added to GG Poker. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Live poker set to return to select locations as early as May 11th
The first live poker rooms could be reopening as soon as May 11th. The Derby Lane Poker Room in St. Petersburgh, Florida and King’s Resort properties could be among the first major casinos to reopen since the COVID-19 pandemic effectively shut down live poker across the globe.
When the Derby Lane Poker Room reopens, it is expected to operate at 25% capacity with a maximum of 6 players per table. The news comes on the heels of new policies released by the Nevada Gaming Control Board which will require no more than four players seated at a table once poker resumes in Nevada.
Speaking of poker rooms opening, Phil Galfond had a tongue-in-cheek response to the recent discussions:
This table is a good start!
Obviously chips & cards won’t work, but we could use a screen with digital chips & cards.
Replace the flimsy plastic dividers with the sturdy walls of people’s homes.
Use the internet.
Then legalize & regulate safe online poker across the USA. pic.twitter.com/pCGBZPH8hr
— Phil Galfond (@PhilGalfond) May 3, 2020
– GG Poker has signed another big name to its ever-growing roster of ambassadors. Over the weekend, the online poker room revealed that Fedor Holz had been added to its lineup through a new partnership with PokerCode. Holz joins an impressive group of the game’s top players including Daniel Negreanu, Bryn Kenney, Felipe Ramos and Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier, with the latter joining the poker room last month.
– Galfond Challenge Update: Monday saw Day 5 of the Galfond Challenge with ActionFreak as the pair shifted their play to partypoker for the day’s session. There was no live tracking for the session, but in a post-match interview, Galfond estimated that he lost about €105k after another day. Assuming the numbers are correct, ActionFreak decreases his deficit to around €311k.
If you missed the action from Monday, you can rewatch via the Run It Once Twitch channel or below:
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at CFTheNatural’s “Why I Love The Micros” series. In this episode, CFTheNatural goes over a session where the players at the table were all whales.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Jonathan Little is the latest guest on the excellent Run It Once feature, “A Hero Journey,” as he discusses his path in poker with Lee Davy.
– Jaime Staples presents highlights from a April 25th session where he was playing multi-table tournaments on partypoker: