Keith Lehr wins at the Poker Masters while Maurice Hawkins leads in Event #4. 888poker reveals recent DDoS attacks. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Keith Lehr Wins Poker Masters Event #3
Keith Lehr took home the victory in Poker Masters Event #3, the $25k Pot Limit Omaha on Monday night to win $333,000. In his path to victory, Lehr deafed Jonathan Depa heads-up at a final table that included Ben Yu, Isaac Haxton, Brandon Adams — who began the day as the chip leader — and Dan Shak.
— Chad Allan Holloway (@ChadAHolloway) September 11, 2018
Brandon Adams’ appearance at the final table marked three (out of three) final table appearances for Adams, who currently sits with a comfortable lead in the Poker Masters Jacket Standings. By the end of the day Monday, Adams sat with 510 points, while David Peters and Keith Lehr — the other two Poker Masters winners — each with 300 points.
In other Poker Masters action, the final table began in Event #4, the $10,000 Short Deck. As of mid-afternoon, Maurice Hawkins currently sits with the chip lead, followed by Isaac Haxton and Andrew Robl. Cary Katz, Andrew Robl and Day 1 chip leader were each knocked out in late afternoon action.
Tuesday also sees the start of Event #5, the $25,000 No Limit Hold’em.
– 888poker has become the latest online poker room to be the victim of DDoS attacks. The top 5 European poker network has been experiencing connection issues since September 5th. Over the weekend, 888 informed players via email and through Two Plus Two that DDoS attacks were behind the issues.
Meanwhile, in New Jersey, the news is a bit rosier. 888sport, the company’s online sportsbook, has officially launched in New Jersey. The sportsbook’s introduction into New Jersey marks the first time 888sport will take sports bets in the United States. They join what is becoming a crowded field of online sportsbooks that include the likes of DraftKings, FanDuel, SugarHouse, playMGM, William Hill and Caesars.
– The PokerStars Unfold run appears to be nearing its end. PokerFuse has reported that PokerStars will soon withdraw its latest online poker game experiment. PokerStars had initially announced that the game would be permanent. The poker room could next try out Six Plus Hold’em or Fusion, two games that have recently been in the works.
– Denis “aDrENalin710” Strebkov has won his fourth WCOOP title of the year after coming out on top of the $2,100 Eight Game to win a $70,720 first place prize. The Russian currently leads the High and Overall WCOOP leaderboards.
– In the latest episode of the Poker Life Podcast, Joey Ingram sits down with PokerStars Team Pro and Twitch streamer Kevin Martin for a 2-hour chat on a variety of poker topics:
– The best poker movie of all time is now 20 years old. Rounders was released on September 13th, 1998 and grossed a modest $22,905,674 in its initial run in theaters. While the movie celebrates 20 years of entertaining poker and movie fans, hope continues that someday there may be a Rounders 2. A story for the movie has already been drafted but has yet to receive the support of companies that control the rights.