Jonathan Lessin wins the WSOP Seniors Event. Daniel Negreanu explains in blog post why he accepted the heads-up match with Doug Polk. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Jonathan “SugarJ” Lessin wins $500 Senior’s Event bracelet
Jonathan “SugarJ” Lessin was the winner of the $500 Senior’s Event on WSOP.com, outlasting a field of 720 entries over 10.5 hours of take home his first WSOP bracelet and a $64,411 first-place prize. Lessin has $159k in live tournament winnings to his name, including a first-place finish at the 2011 Borgata Winter Poker Open $1,000 buy-in event.
In taking home the bracelet, Lessin defeated James Moore ($39,820) heads-up along with notables such as Terry Fleischer (17th – $2,203), Greg Raymer (43rd – $1,263) and Phil Hellmuth (67th – $842). The event was open to poker players that are 50 years of age or older.
If you missed the conclusion of Event #30, you can view the final table in its entirety below with commentary from David Tuchman and Norman Chad. Also, be sure check out Daniel Negreanu’s 1-hour stream of Event #29 here.
The $1,000 No Limit Hold’em Championship began on WSOP.com at 3 PM PT in what is the final event of the WSOP.com run of this year’s series. Poker fans can follow the action throughout the evening via live updates. When play gets down to the final table, fans watch it live via the Poker Central YouTube channel. GG Poker is not running any tournaments on Friday, but has four bracelet events on Saturday and Sunday.
– As we reported yesterday, Daniel Negreanu has accepted a heads-up challenge with Doug Polk. On his Full Contact Poker blog he explains why he has accepted the challenge despite that he says he is a big underdog and says Polk is a bully. So why is Negreanu doing this match? “To give the people what they want.”
– GG Poker has donated an impressive $350,000 after the $1,111 Ever 1 for Covid Relief event was held last week, an event that was won by Alek Stasiak. For each player that entered the tournament, $111 of the buy-in was donated to the cause with GG Poker pledging another $96,903.
– From the Fake News Bin: Phil Hellmuth offers to mediate in the latest escalation of the Daniel Negreanu versus Doug Polk feud.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our examination of the “Gazellig Coaches Jreed” series. In this episode, Gazellig goes over the value of fold equity.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram welcomes Kristen Bicknell in the latest episode of the Poker Life Podcast, where she discusses her latest World Series of Poker bracelet and other topics:
– Andrew Neeme continues his online poker streams from Cabo San Lucas:
– Allen Bari joins Run It Back on Poker Central to discuss the 2007 $50,000 buy-in HORSE event:
– On Poker Central’s High Stakes Duel, Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Hellmuth play a $100,000 heads-up poker match during Round 1 with Nick Schulman and Ali Nejad commentating:
– Jaime Staples of the Weekly Poker Showdown welcomes World Poker Tour anchor Lynn Gilmartin to sit down for a one-hour chat to talk about a variety of poker topics: