Joe Hachem sits down with Joey Ingram on the Poker Life Podcast. Pennsylvania gets its first sports betting application. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Joe Hachem on Poker Life Podcast
On Monday, 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion Joe Hachem joined Joey Ingram on the Poker Life Podcast for a chat where the pair opined on a variety of poker related topics. During the two-hour discussion, Hachem and Ingram dove into his 2005 WSOP win, the health of poker, Pot Limit Omaha, a new poker format idea and much more.
Speaking of Ingram, Joey Ingram’s “Great Summer” video featuring Gus Hansen is now up to 65,000 views, some 35,000 views away from the 100,000 target he must reach by September 6th to win $10,000 on his $5,000 prop bet.
– Penn National Gaming becomes the first casino to apply for sports betting in the state of Pennsylvania.
– PokerStars has told Pennsylvania regulators it can detect up to 90% of bots proactively. The poker room says that the PokerStars game integrity staff as well as poker players themselves help identify other potential bot issues.
– Action Clocks are becoming an increasing familiar sight in poker tournaments across the globe. On Friday night, the Bicycle Casino became what is believed to be the first casino to feature an action clock during a live-streamed cash game. Phil Galfond, Andrew Neeme and Joey Ingram are among the poker players supportive of the move. “This might be a really big game changer for cash games if the action clock goes well,” said Ingram.
– From the Fake News Bin: Man wakes from decade-long coma to ask how his favorite Full Tilt Poker Team Pros are doing (Spoiler alert: Not good).
– In their recent Off the Felt feature, Poker News shares some recent social media posts from top poker players, featuring the likes of Justin Bonomo, Nick Schulman and Doug Polk.