Ivan Leow wins his second high roller in as many weeks after taking down another Triton Poker event. Gus Hansen leaves Las Vegas after 70-day Bobby’s Room run. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Ivan Leow Wins Another Triton Poker Event
Ivan Leow (aka Seng Yee Leow) has won another big tournament after taking down the 6 million RUB Triton Poker High Roller in Sochi, Russia for 72 million RUB, the equivalent of $1.13 million. The victory was his second Triton Poker score in two weeks after winning the HK$500,000 in South Korea in late July for over $1 million. In his path to victory, Leow outlasted 29 entries including Abraham Passet heads-up.
Phil Ivey, who started the day third in chips, finished in tenth. Notables in the top ten included Niall Farrell, Paul Phua and Timothy Adams.
👑 See how Ivan Leow took the $US 100k # TritonPoker Super High Roller event crown!!! Amazing to see, especially after being Bubble Boy in the last two Triton events.#TritonSHR #NLHE #Poker pic.twitter.com/4V2MaUPAn3
— Triton Poker (@tritonpoker) August 9, 2018
Meanwhile, the Main Event of partypoker LIVE Russia finished Day 3 where Andrey Tkachenko finished Thursday as chip leader. He will be joined by 147 other players when action resumes on Friday. Players can enter the tournament during the first three levels on Day 2, so numbers could increase.
– Gus Hansen has finally left Las Vegas, but not before playing 652 hours over 70 days of high stakes action at Bobby’s Room.
– Daniel Negreanu has responded to criticism over new games at PokerStars as well as the ever-evolving game of poker
5 card Stud was the game and they complained when 7 was intro’d
Hold’em next, they complained
Then Short deck.
Poker is always evolving people and always will.
You don’t have to play new games if you don’t like them.
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) August 6, 2018
In a related topic, Barry Carter from PokerStrategy examines why poker players care so much about rake.
– Some have argued that Joe Cada’s performance during the 2018 World Series of Poker was one of the strongest of the year after he won two bracelets and finishing fifth in the Main Event but falling short of the Player of the Year. Cardplayer sits down with Cada for an interview to discuss amazing run.
– Elio Fox won the 2018 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open $50,000 Super High Roller, beating a field of 25 entries to win $500,000.
– Andrew Neeme looks back at his first vlog with commentary, where he discusses some of the nuts and bolts of producing a poker vlog.
– MPN launched a major upgrade of their online poker software last month. It’s called Prima Poker and now the poker network is offering €50,000 in freerolls and a €1 Million Guaranteed series.