GG Poker WSOP final table events will display real names. A highly anticipated poker book from Maria Konnikova hits shelves. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
WSOP final tables at GG Poker will use real names
Beginning on July 19th, GG Poker will play host to over 50 WSOP Online Gold bracelets. While WSOP.com will also run some WSOP bracelet events for players in Nevada and New Jersey, the GG Poker events will mark the first time that online bracelet events will exclusively be available outside of the United States.
On Wednesday, GG Poker announced that all final tables would include player real names, a step recently adopted by partypoker in limited situations since August 2019. GG Poker had already been trialing real names at VIP tables and is expected to soon reveal additional details on the use of real names at its tables. There so far as been no announcement whether GG Poker will utilize real names as well.
“We think [real names] are a good thing for online poker. We don’t know yet if it’s good to do it for everyone [in] every format, game type, et cetera, so what we’re doing is we are trailing it. We’re starting testing the waters step-by-step.” @Adiostyle https://t.co/y9kko94Asb
— pokerfuse (@pokerfuse) June 24, 2020
– Maria Konnikova has released her book entitled The Biggest Bluff, a book three-years in the making that got sidetracked as she started to have unexpected success in the game. The book has received high praise from publications such as the Guaradian, Forbes and BBC News.
I want to preemptively apologize to everyone! My feed this week will be much more promo-y than normal. But…my book is out tomorrow, and I've worked on it for over three years, so please indulge me in oversharing for the next few days. And look how pretty! https://t.co/JIhYrNpXeQ pic.twitter.com/4qaRYBZMIL
— Maria Konnikova (@mkonnikova) June 22, 2020
– Joey Ingram and Jeff Platt continue their analysis of the Poker Masters PLO series. Today’s coverage breaks down the final table of Event 5:
– PokerStrategy has revealed that an Ante trial at Zoom micro stakes has ended. But despite the removal at antes at the micro stakes, antes tables continue for NL10 to NL25 Zoom tables.
– The PGA Travelers Championship is set for this weekend and the DraftKings Online Sportsbook has some impressive promotions lined up this weekend including the $3 Golf Stroke Special and a 30% Profit Boost. The Golf Stroke Special will award $3 in a free bet for every stroke your golfer finishes under par when betting at least $25.
– In Wednesday’s featured classic poker training video, we continue our look at Colossos’ “Grinding with Colossos” series where he tries to rebuild his bankroll. In this episode, Colossos goes over his recent play and results.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu has released a new vlog discussing his life during the quarantine and previewing the Online World Series of Poker, which is set to begin next week. Negreanu has spent much of the last few weeks getting in shape, eating healthier and playing private online games. Negreanu will play WSOP.com events from his home in Las Vegas while he will play GG Poker events from Mexico.
– Joey Ingram with the first episode of his poker challenge to turn $500 into $5000 over the course of a single session where he showcases his strategy:
– In Poker Central’s continued look at the past World Series of Poker Main Events, they break down the Top 5 hands from the 2005 WSOP Main Event: