WSOP Online Main Event set for GG Poker draws controversy for multiple WSOP Online Main Event flights. Boyd Gaming to reopen casinos in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
GG Poker criticized for holding up to 22 Day 1 flights for WSOP Online Main Event
This summer, the World Series of Poker is exclusively being held online on WSOP and GG Poker. But despite the series being limited to online this summer, the WSOP isn’t immune to controversy as players have voiced their concern of reports that a record 22 Day 1 flights will be held for GGPoker WSOP Main Event. GG Poker has not confirmed the exact number of flights but notes that the tournament will have multiple flights, which will also allow for reentries into the tournament.
Players have criticized the move — and rebuy tournaments in general — for benefiting bankrolled — and often more skilled players. GG Poker’s Daniel Negreanu had originally stated that the tournament would be a freezeout but walked back those comments by saying each flight would be a freezeout. Negreanu confirmed on Monday that players would be limited to three entries. The tournament is set to guarantee $25 million in prizes, an amount that would likely need to be reached by offering multiple flights.
-A scheduling change
-Some clarity on the main event
-Travel rules for US Players pic.twitter.com/sbrP6A2cOx
— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker) June 29, 2020
– Boyd Gaming is set to reopen casino properties in Pennsylvania and Illinois. Games will soon be available at the Par-A-Dice in Peoria, IL along with the Valley Forge Casino Hotel in King of Prussia, PA.
– The Poker Masters Online PLO series continues at partypoker, with Jeff Platt and Joey Ingram commenting coverage. Today’s featured event is the $50,000 Main Event final table, which began early Monday afternoon:
– The 2020 WSOP Online Series gets underway in just a couple days when WSOP.com will begin hosting daily bracelet events starting July 1st and running through July 31st. GG Poker will begin their 54-event bracelet schedule on July 19th, which will run through September 16th. Check out an in-depth guide to all this summer’s action.
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look from Reasons14 “SNG Strategy” series. In this video, Reasons14 plays a live session of $6.50 9-man Sit N Gos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu is the latest guest of “A Hero’s Journey” with Lee Davy, where he discusses his path in poker and some of his big milestones:
– Brad Owen is back with another vlog, this time from a $2/$5 No Limit Hold’em home game, which has never been done before on the Brad Owen YouTube channel:
– Relive the 2006 WSOP Main Event event, as Poker Central turns back the clock with highlights from Day 1 of the legendary year:
– Want to watch some live poker? Check out the King’s Casino 17th Anniversary final table (h/t PokerStrategy):