More US sports betting partnerships announced over the last couple days. Nevada sees record cash game rake during June. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run
Stars Group, William Hill, FanDuel Among Companies Involved in Sportsbetting Deals
The burgeoning sports betting market in the United States continues to move at a fever pitch, with new sportsbetting deals and partnerships revealed over the last couple days
The Stars Group will join forces with Resorts Atlantic City in legal sports betting in Nevada while William Hill has agreed to terms with 11 casinos in Mississippi and West Virginia to offer sports betting technology. According to a press release William Hill is also in discussions with casinos in additional 14 states.
On Thursday, FanDuel announced that the daily fantasy sports site has entered into an agreement with Boyd Gaming to offer “sports betting and online gaming opportunities across the United States.” FanDuel, which is operated by Paddy Power Betfair, could also have access to 15 states with their Boyd Gaming deal. The announcement came a day after the DraftKings Sportsbook had went live in New Jersey.
— Bloomberg (@business) August 3, 2018
– Nevada reported numbers from poker cash games during June and it’s a record. During the month — which was propelled by the WSOP — Las Vegas saw $17.4 million in rake for the month, an increase of nearly 5% from the previous year. The last time the market hit $17 million in rake for a single month was June 2007. Perhaps most surprisingly, the record-breaking month came from 683 tables versus 960 in 2007.
– Joey Ingram breaks down PokerStars newest game, Unfold which was officially released for real money play this week.
– Next up at the World Poker Tour is WPT Choctaw, the second stop of Season XVII. Day 1 began on Friday at 12 PM local time. Poker fans can follow the action from the WorldPokerTour website. The $3700 buy-in event will run through August 7th.
– David Huber takes a look at recent rumors about the WSOP moving to Caesars Forum in 2020. Since the Tweet from Vital Vegas made news, Caesars Entertainment has since denied the rumor.
– PokerNews reviews its predictions made before the start of the 2018 World Series of Poker.
Looking for some live tournament poker to watch this weekend. Check out Day 1B of the €1,100 Unibet Open at Bucharest:
– From the Fake News Bin: Men “The Master” Nguyen entered a recent tournament with over half the chips in play.
– Parx Casino’s sports betting platform — live and online — will be powered by GAN, who is also working with the company on online poker and online casino.